Notices

Update Day 4

Old 01-10-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Update Day 4

I made it another day and am weening off the librium since tommorow is day five end of detox, then school starts monday which ofcorse i am paniced about doing anything that involves hundreds of people sober. Im still moody and bored and every other hour i get that little voice that says this wasnt so bad you could have one in the future and im like HELL NO i finally committed to this and have made it without seizures or dts. It will be hard being around college people constently but this time i know i cant just have one i know i cant i know who i am and what alcohol has done to me. I am afraid though of how to live life sober when i get anxiety or have urges i really need to just take it alittle at a time and hopefully ill be able to live in the real world without constently thinking about drinking through it. My problem wont be in the first couple weeks it usually hits in a month or two since i feel like im okay and when that happens ill come on here and read my posts as to why not to do it. Anxiety for school but happy i finally quit and sucked it up and detoxed, i really wanted a drink today so instead i went and got my eyebrows waxed, bought a back pack, walked around the mall and went for a walk down the street and it passed happy detox will be over tommorow scared of the future but i need to learn how to cope this time instead of giving in. thank god i still have a liver.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Rocky i really enjoyed reading that your doing really well reaching day 4

Your not caving in to cravings you went for a walk your posting on here and you bought a nice new bkpack
and treated yourself

dont be too hard on yourself

Its good your recognising where you might struggle and have planned for it

Basically big well done Rocky that post was awesome

I hope things go well for monday
Old 01-10-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you're making it through the tough stuff of detox! I feel apprehensive too sometimes about the future and how I will handle stressful situations and not cave to the bottle. But I need to start living life on LIFES terms! That's what I keep telling myself when I feel anxious and that I CAN do hard things. I'm rootin for ya and think you're doing great!!!!
Old 01-10-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Distraction works the best for me to ride out cravings. I do the same things when I get the urge to drink. Although, being a guy, I skipped the eye brow wax and just settled for a haircut haha. Then I wander around the neighbourhood or mall until any urge to drink is gone.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Good to hear you are so strong and determined, Rocky. I think you are very self aware and know what to look out for.

If your anxiety is a problem, perhaps a visit to the the doc would be helpful.

I'm in the UK and we have counsellors in some schools here. Do you have a counsellor/drugs expert at school you could talk to if things get tough ?

You can do this , you ARE doing it, stay close to us x
Old 01-11-2015, 03:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rocky123 View Post
Anxiety for school but happy i finally quit and sucked it up and detoxed, i really wanted a drink today so instead i went and got my eyebrows waxed, bought a back pack, walked around the mall and went for a walk down the street and it passed happy detox will be over tommorow scared of the future but i need to learn how to cope this time instead of giving in. thank god i still have a liver.
This is a great strategy-- planning other activities to keep yourself occupied when cravings or habits tend to kick in
Old 01-11-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through Rocky!! You're doing great!!