Notices

Stay with me and others!

Old 01-09-2015, 01:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stay with me and others!

I relapsed but I am starting tomorrow at 10 am at an AA meeting.
I have plan but need to ramp it up., I don't like going to AA meetings, they depress me. Actually, it's probably the reality of the disease of alcoholism that makes me so sad.

This disease has taken my entire family in a myriad of ways.

I see all of the posts and all of the responses and the support and it is so amazing!

I am so afraid to post and I will try to do it every day

I am embarssed to need you so much.

I am in a very difficult situation with my family but from reading, we are all on living on life's terms?

If I post each day, will you help me. I will help back. I can't believe the need...and also just connection. I am so lonely but I have just joined a church, an AA group ... but can you just talk to me?
Old 01-09-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Of course, we are always here for you. This is a family and we do understand how hard this is.

I hope that you start your sobriety now and we are here for you.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Beach 20. There is no need to be embarrassed to ask for help. I think this community is amazing and you will find so much help and support here. Everybody here knows it is hard. You have made positive plans to help get you through. I don't do AA but I here it has helped so many people and real friendships are sometimes formed there. Good luck.
Karen
Old 01-09-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm feeling my way through this also so I'm low on advice, but can be big on support. Stay around.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beach20 View Post
I am so afraid to post and I will try to do it every day

I am embarssed to need you so much.
I am not embarassed to need YOU so much. That's why i'm here. That's why i read your posts.

We ALL need each other. Don't be AFRAID.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ok, I admitting my need for you.

I want to get in bed with tea and a book.

It is only 4:30 pm and I am so tired from detoxing. Is it ok that I just give in?

I have recently analyzed my family's financial situation,and history and I am devasted and so tired.

Is there more I need to do?
Old 01-09-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Hi beach20 you have nothing to be embarrassed about. This is tough, and everyone here understands that.

I am glad you are here!
Old 01-09-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Beach its happened not much you can do but dust yourself down & try again you have us here 24/7

you have our support 110%

I too hope you start your sobriety now

stick close to SR my friend
Old 01-09-2015, 02:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Beach

we are all here to help. I thinking ramping up your plan is a good idea - don't be afraid to add things to it as well
Old 01-09-2015, 02:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Of course it is ok to go to bed at 4:30 with your book and tea! Listen to your body. I managed to quit last year for about 7 weeks. I didn't have withdrawals but I was so exhausted, confused and foggy. Turns out my Vitamin D levels were seriously low. I don't have those kind of day under my belt now but it is easier for me this time. Now I take a good multi-vitamin, Vitamin D, a B complex and Omega 3. I think it has made a huge difference for me. Take care of yourself and hang out here.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Trudgin

You betcha!!!

So glad you're here, Welcome!
Sound like you are reaching out here and face to face = GOOD! That's an amazing step.

I tried alone many times, I can bootstrap this. It never worked past short periods.
There is no despair in asking others for help - took me a long time to get there.

I have learned that as social beings, pack animals if you will - we need the comfort of our fellows. Virtual is great, but I too crave live - listen to me, let me see your facial expressions as we talk - communication in recovery.

Keep coming back!
Old 01-09-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Your post really touched me. Rest assured we all need each other. That brought us here.

I think your life may look better after the addiction losses its role. At least you can think better on how to fix it and execute a plan.

Big hugs!
Old 01-09-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We're always here Beach - any time you need us and want to share. We never close.
I think it's good you're being kind to yourself and resting - you've been through a lot. Early recovery is an exhausting & emotional time - but a wonderful new life is waiting for you.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I have tea and I made gingerbread with whipped cream and going to read.
I see how much support here but I need a lot and please stay with me and I am sending love.

I have a huge big heart, like all of you, I see.

I had no idea the struggle of this, until I stopped.

Ok, I am going to read now and relax and drink water.

I am upset but you would have to go to prior posts about my family.

Ok, good night and sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite!
Old 01-10-2015, 01:24 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hang in there, Beach20! It's hard sometimes but you can do it! We're in your corner.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:18 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Beach , for weeks, I was up at 8 , asleep again by noon , up at 4 , asleep by 6 , up again at 9 , ate something , then back to bed...Someday's , I barely moved from the bed....Trust me , in bed calling it a day at 4:30 is not only OK , it's to be expected....Stick around, all great folks here at SR have gotchya...
Old 01-10-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Beach, we are all here for each other. When I first joined here, i only had a couple of days sobriety under my belt. I was raw and feeling it. With the support i received here, I now have 5 months and I can tell you, it does get better.

If you feel tired, allow yourselfto go to bed with a good book and a cup of tea. Nothing wrong with that. Take it easy and know we are here.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:17 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

We are in this together, beach.

Lean on us.

Listen to your body; if you are tired, by all means go to bed early. You need strength for this journey.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

hello beach,

connecting with others has been and is the mainstay of my sobriety. nothing shameful about that. i find it a relief to be with people who "get it".

it's great to see you reaching out and making plans for your sober journey.
if you find AA meetings depressing, could be that a different meeting will bring you a different message. took me a long time to find some where people focused on their solution instead of their problems only.

yes: going to bed with book and tea is perfect.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Beach, if you feel like going to bed just do it. Same with reading, having a cup of tea, or anything else that will help you stay sober.