Notices

Husband lies to me

Old 01-09-2015, 12:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Husband lies to me

I know opiate addiction is a very common thing. I use them recreationally myself. Maybe I'm in denial when I say I don't have a problem with them, but I dont experience withdrawal symptoms when I'm not using. My husband on the other hand has been ill our entire relationship. We've been together 5 years now and married for a year and a half. He has also been diagnosed with Celiac disease, and has high anxiety. So he is prescribed klonipin, anti depressants(which he doesn't take regularly ) and ritilin, which he also abuses or sells . He did go to detox for a weekend and was referred to a 30 day inpatient but he didn't go to the sparc program. Our relationship has been hard, a lot of jealousy and paranoia on his part. He accused me of cheating on him, I almost left him over it. It doesn't help that I also have anger issues so when he accuses me of bogus things I get so mad and overreact . Idk, I just keep finding more things he lies about. I guess I just want to vent about it. I try to stay supportive for him, and his illness, and addiction but I feel it will never end, like this is life..
Old 01-09-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you think you might have a problem with opiates, have you considered stopping using them for good? I hope that your husband makes a decision to seed support for himself. I hope you can both find some peace in your lives.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yea if I stopped doing them it would help me, but then I feel he would lie even more about using. But obviously he's going to lie if I do them or not
Old 01-09-2015, 01:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Tornwife nice to meet you i completly agree with Anna here

Sobriety is the best option by far

youl find a ton of support here and we are behind your sobriety