Notices

Made it through first business trip

Old 01-09-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well done!!! I am going on a business trip next week and will not drink. Such was the habit of having drinks and numbing out. This time I think I'll go for a walk and view the city.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joyfullysober View Post
Sorry but what are NAs??
"Non-Alchoholic" beers. Which do have alcohol in them, though a very insignificant amount.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:28 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FreeOwl View Post
I think ditching the NAs is a great call. When I'm on business trips I go with pellagrino sparkling water with a lemon lime twist. Feels a little more like a treat than plain water, tastes great, no calories and healthy and hydrating. Well done! Keep it up.
yeah I'm just not concerned with gettig rid of them at this point as much as I am with staying away from alcohol. If I drink NA the rest of my life but don't ever have any more alcohol I'll consider that a win however for what they cost is just as soon work my way off of them too. I sure credit the availability of them with helping me through these first couple of months
Old 01-09-2015, 09:30 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nofearnobeer View Post
Great Job! Not sure I could walk near a bar right now , let alone walk in...Way to go!
I didn't want to ask them to alter their plans and what we have done for years due to my not wanting to drink and I knew I had to face it sometime. In all honesty finding this board the last week and talking this stuff out helped me to the point of going there and it worked out well had I failed I would have come here and talked it out too