Notices

Didn't make it tonight

Old 01-07-2015, 02:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Didn't make it tonight

Day four and i was feeling ok but then got over tired plus loads of anxiety and had a drink...
Old 01-07-2015, 02:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hop right back on, Kaily. You need to make a plan for what you will do when you get urges. Post here first, take a warm bath, eat some ice cream, go to bed, whatever it takes. Are you going to meetings? Be kind to yourself, this is hard but you can do it.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that Kaily. It's good that you came here to post about it. If you're still drinking, stop. If there's any alcohol around you that is yours, dump it down the sink. If it's not yours, then it's not yours to drink so go someplace where the alcohol isn't. Mistakes and slips can happen, but the important thing is to get back on track as quickly as possible and think about how you can rethink your plan so you have a way to deal with being tired and anxious that doesn't involve drinking. You already proved you can do this by not drinking for 4 days, so don't give up or be too hard on yourself.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Keep trying Kaily dont let this derail you reach out if you start having cravings again its a great tool in cravings & so is playing the mental tape

you can do this Kaily

Did you go to a mtn ?
Old 01-07-2015, 02:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can get back on track.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Pick yourself up and try again Kaily. The fact that you came right here and posted about it says that you are not hiding from this. You can beat this keep trying!

Have you looked at any of the threads on urge surfing?
Old 01-07-2015, 02:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
leb

Hi Kaily

I was day 3 yesterday and had the old urge and the alcohol voice in my head. I went to the library and got a heap of easy reading. I also got sweet food and I'm not usually a sweet tooth. Chocolate and ice cream seemed to help and it soothed me.

I also noticed the alcohol voice in my head and told it to shut up. Distraction works if I can only remember to do it. Anyway ended up sleeping in the afternoon and last night.

I feel quite good today. A bit grumpy when things went wrong this morning so got on here and started reading and writing. Feel great now. Hope some of this helps.

Don't beat yourself up - Today is the beginning of the rest of your life. All the best
Old 01-07-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Kaily, I'm glad you wanted to talk about it. I did the same thing early on - but then I got really determined to reclaim my life. You can do it.