SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Looking for support please (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/355849-looking-support-please.html)

livingnow 01-07-2015 11:14 AM

Looking for support please

Im on Day 10.
Been dealing with the usual quit stuff we all do....
That Said, TODAY the AV is screaming at me that Im doing great -
so NOW ITS TIME to have a few tonight to celebrate.

This voice even had the audacity to scream this as I read my own
journal notes I wrote on how shi**Y I felt while drinking nightly.

aarg
chime in please!!!

Jupiters 01-07-2015 11:19 AM

you came and posted here, so that is a GREAT start wouldn't you say?
I don't know where you are (it's frikken cold where I am) - but go for a walk?
library? gym? mall?
distract yourself! :)

ScottFromWI 01-07-2015 11:20 AM

Here is a quote from you about the last time you drank and your first blackout just a couple of weeks ago. You won't have "just a few"...that boat left the dock a long time ago. Choosing to have just a few, or even one will mean choosing all the other things that come along with the obligatory binge. And whatever you won't remember again in your next blackout...etc.

"Last Sat, went to family event (X mas related).
Had a beer , PANICKED! - because I would have to go back at least six more times to keep buzz going-(what if I cant get enough-quick enough?)
So I bought a pitcher. pounded it. Then another.
Next thing I know Im trashed....evening continues....
Next morning(hung over btw)When the better half asked how I liked her Moms food that night
I COULD NOT REMEMBER EATING - LIKE AT ALL!!!
My first Blackout.
Im done, ENOUGH
Im back with ya all....to stay."

doggonecarl 01-07-2015 11:21 AM

Ten days is cause for celebration...buy yourself a cake!

SDH73 01-07-2015 11:23 AM

Hang in there, livingnow! That's how it gets me, too. I'm on day 10 also. I've found it helpful to look forward to the next milestone. 2 weeks, maybe? We're 4 days away from a full two weeks, if we drink today we'll be 14 days away. That would suck!

ScottFromWI 01-07-2015 11:23 AM

....double post

Anna 01-07-2015 11:32 AM

I'm glad you're on Day 10, great.

Recognizing the AV is a big step forward because then you can see it for what it is and let it go.

livingnow 01-07-2015 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Anna (Post 5123230)

Recognizing the AV is a big step forward because then you can see it for what it is and let it go.

Good point. Thanks Anna

dwtbd 01-07-2015 11:35 AM

Your AV is after pitchers and just trying to get you to bite on the idea of a 'few', tell it to bugger off. You can do this, btw just one is an even bigger lie.

ardy 01-07-2015 11:39 AM

paint run write clean house dance your special someone around.. please don't take a drink or a drug to say hey dumby you got this far with.. please ... remember why you are doing this path of light and hope and please look at yourself in the mirror and know this is a better person for the try that got you this far.. ardy...

Originally Posted by doggonecarl (Post 5123212)
Ten days is cause for celebration...buy yourself a cake!

Turtle82 01-07-2015 11:43 AM

Your AV is a liar!

matilda123 01-07-2015 11:51 AM

great job posting! My AV is a tricky devil too: just when I started feeling better and more confident, it said, "See, you are all 'better' now." Agree with turtle: it is a liar!

Take care!

Eshgham 01-07-2015 11:55 AM

This is a challenging time for most people. The initial high of starting your journey has worn off, & your mood is likely to dip.

All I can say is that if you hang in there, you will get your second wind. You will start to feel great again, & remember why you're doing this to begin with. Plan ahead, don't be too hard on yourself and hang in there.

Kensho 01-07-2015 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Turtle82 (Post 5123252)
Your AV is a liar!

I second Turtle82, with this addendum: that "voice" is always a liar, always has been, always will be - no exceptions!

SarahB60 01-07-2015 12:15 PM

10 days is great progress! I agree with the others that your AV is a stinking liar.

JT0626 01-07-2015 12:16 PM

Good on you for posting instead of drinking!!! Your AV is going to f*ck with you, mine does from time to time. Don't listen to it!

PurpleKnight 01-07-2015 12:33 PM

Don't throw away Day 10!! Keep pushing through to Day 11!!

You can do this!! :)

livingnow 01-07-2015 12:35 PM

This site (you guys) are so awesome! Im taking advice offered by some of you...
I just got back from a very cold - but refreshing walk - cleared my head.
SERIOUSLY- Im going to (ask the wife) to bake a cake for me.
I DO deserve it. dont I....???
Yes. I do.
Again Thanks- Im not drinking - screw the AV

Soberwolf 01-07-2015 12:36 PM

Way to go Living now awesome job

Enjoy the cake

Soberwolf 01-07-2015 12:37 PM