Notices

Feel alittle guilty

Old 01-07-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feel alittle guilty

I've read more than a few posts on here that almost make me feel guilty.I had no problems coming off booze,no cravings.I have a solid home life with loving family,bills get paid each month.You could say I've got it all and I guess that's what made it tough for others to understand about my situation.We seem like a normal family but when Dad (ME) drank too much he became a different person.Not abusive or getting arrested but making stupid choices while drunk.My last night with Alcohol is all I need to remember when I need a kick in the butt.I'm richly blessed(not rich) & I know it.I believe I am here for a reason,to help others,thats my new mission.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you head case! It is great your journey wasn't as hard. My week one has been similar. But, just like youi know I ambetter off without alcohol and appreciate having SR. as support. Don't feel guilty, feel thankful and help where you can here. Congrats gain!!!
Old 01-07-2015, 09:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No need to feel guilty, alcohol was causing you problems in life and you made the necessary changes!!

Great Job!!
Old 01-07-2015, 09:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Nice post Headcase
Old 01-07-2015, 09:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nice. There is no reason to feel guilty, its posts like that this that keep me inspired when I'm feeling down.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

There is always “yet”, those things have not happened “yet”.

When I walked into AA ten years ago there was a lot of “that didn’t happen to me” or “I can’t relate to that”…..Yet!

I did not stop and had ten more years to slide down hill and got some "yet" here and there.

Be glad you are getting off before the elevator crashes to the bottom.

Remember it is not really how much or how often you drank, it is what it did to our lives and our relationships. Good for you getting off while you still have both!
Old 01-07-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've felt that way a few times as well after joining here and reading the ups and downs and constant struggles that some have gone through. I quit in May and had basically NO cravings, urges or anything. My last binge scared the proverbial poop outta me. It wasn't the first time I just quit like that either. I had done it a few years ago for over a year as well. Just stopped.
I went to Cuba end of Nov. though and for whatever reason - decided to "test the waters"....after a few glasses of wine, I said screw this, this is just not fun NOR worth it. Enjoyed my vacay sober.
And again, haven't touched a drop since. It's sneaky though this one....I'm grateful every single day that I am not fighting with cravings and thoughts. But I know I need to stay on guard b/c it can clearly just sneak up on me like it did after 6.5mths this year - and like it did after those 16 months last time.
I wish I had it's patience!!!
Old 01-07-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

No need to feel guilty, headcase. We all came here with one thing in common - alcoholism - and with one common goal - sobriety.

Forward!!!!