Notices

7 days after I was evil and nasty on New Years Eve

Old 01-07-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

7 days after I was evil and nasty on New Years Eve

Hello everyone - I 'm glad I found this place

I had been drinking two bottles of wine a day for the past year graduating from one bottle a day. I'm 50 this year. I have a lovely fella who is much younger than me and doesn't really drink at all. We get on so well but after getting drunk on a drink called " Red Label" wine I was evil to him by screaming at him and his family which I cannot even talk about.

We split up and the next morning I was horrified and immediately vowed to stop drinking. I've not touched a drop since then and suffered pretty bad withdrawal effects. Insomnia, itching, dry skin, dreadful anxiety, shaking and dry mouth. I've also cut out bad eating too and started swimming - something I've never done before. Third session this afternoon. I've taken vitamins and drinking lots of water.

Luckily now on the 7th day the effects are subsiding and my boyfriend and I are back together and is supporting and loves me. I can't even think about drinking again otherwise I'll lose him.

I've always dieted all my life but the drinking was piling on weight. Luckily I've lost 10 pounds since last Wednesday. I've never given up drinking before - so I have no idea of the challenges I face but I feel excited !!

I've also set up a savings account and put in the value of the drink I haven't drunk and already have $80 !

Hoping the lovely guys on here can offer support - I've already read such great information and ideas on here - so feeling positive

Thanks
Old 01-07-2015, 04:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Densol
Old 01-07-2015, 04:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome, it sounds like your off to a great start! Keep strong! I'm almost at six months and a big part of my success so far is nearly constantly being logged on to this site. Just knowing there are folks out there who 'get it' is huge to me, so stay close by. Happy New Year and new you!
Old 01-07-2015, 04:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just a note. Make sure you are doing this for yourself and not for your BF. When we get sober for others it never works out.

Also you changed a lot at once. Maybe just take on one demon at a time. Don't forget to be good to yourself. If you do slip on your eating it is okay. If you don't go to swimming it is okay. Just no matter what pick up a drink. NO MATTER WHAT.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saliena View Post
Just a note. Make sure you are doing this for yourself and not for your BF. When we get sober for others it never works out.

Also you changed a lot at once. Maybe just take on one demon at a time. Don't forget to be good to yourself. If you do slip on your eating it is okay. If you don't go to swimming it is okay. Just no matter what pick up a drink. NO MATTER WHAT.
Hi

Thank you it's definitely for me. We've only been together ten months but before I met him I had some dreadful incidents of drunkeness and sought counselling last year to try and stop - but just didn't have the incentive. Luckily now I have the reason and want to turn my life back around to how I looked 18 months ago - slim with good skin, rather than bloated with red blotchy drunken skin. I'm an everything or nothing type person with control issues - so at the moment as I'm in control I'm happy lol
Old 01-07-2015, 06:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Densol
Old 01-07-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome, Densol, to SR. You will find support, encouragement and understanding here.

Congratulations on your week of sobriety; well done.

Be sure to make sobriety for YOU; it will have a positive effect on your relationships and loved ones but it needs to be for you.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Densol!!
Old 01-07-2015, 10:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum. Sounds like you're doing great...glad to read this post!
Old 01-07-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Hi Densol welcome to the family

Yeah, it's great to get sober, you will benefit in so many ways.

Congratulations on a week !
Old 01-07-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome you will find great support on here. I found the weight dropped off once I stopped drinking, I lost 28lb within the first year. You don't realise how much " drink weight" you carry. I cringe when I see old pictures now. ��
Old 01-07-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Pleased to meet you Densol. Drinking turned me into someone I didn't recognize. It was such a relief to get free of it. Glad to have you with us.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome! Like you, I have "dieted" my whole life: funny how I'd watch the chocolate cake, but somehow the wine doesn't count.

Speaking of sweets, you may find, as many of us do, that initially sweets are important for cutting cravings.Two bottles of wine constitutes a lot of sugar, even if it is red
Old 01-07-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome!!! Glad to see you here with us- you sound like you are off and running. Glad to read of all your positive changes, keep coming and reading and posting.