SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   *sigh* (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/355761-sigh.html)

messyliver 01-06-2015 02:21 PM

*sigh*

People told me to never stop coming to the forum, even if i was embarrassed after a binge... and what did i do? I didn't listen. 2 months later i'm forcing myself to come back and face the music. I've had a terrible 2 months which has resulted in me and my parents deciding that we all NEED to change our lifestyles. As some of you may remember i live in Spain and returned after the christmas holidays yesterday. I vowed that today would be day 1(again) of complete abstinence and thought i had managed to complete day 1 until someone pointed out to me that the non alcoholic beer that was included in my 'set christmas menu' actually has 0.9% alcohol and i feel ridiculously guilty that i have already failed. I am edgy from alcohol withdrawal and think i need this forum more than ever.

Blah.

SoberLeigh 01-06-2015 02:25 PM

Glad that you are back, messyliver.

We are for you; log-in often/every day; read, post and reply. Reach out when you feel triggered; lean on us.

SR is a great tool; have you thought any face-to- face support?

Anna 01-06-2015 02:27 PM

So, you can start again and do this.

And, it's a great idea to check in here and get support.

hayley86 01-06-2015 02:43 PM

Welcome back, messyliver. No need to feel embarrassed, we understand how difficult this is. Glad you're here, trying again. Keep reading and posting, it really helps! :)

messyliver 01-06-2015 02:49 PM

Is it pathetic that i'm devastated over one 0.9% alcohol beer? I'm so nervous and edgy that i feel like a complete failure and grabbing for the nearest glass of wine. It's going to be a rough couple of days.

Soberwolf 01-06-2015 02:49 PM

Welcome bk Messyliver :hug:

messyliver 01-06-2015 02:50 PM

Is it pathetic that i'm devastated over one 0.9% alcohol beer? I'm so nervous and edgy that i feel like a complete failure and grabbing for the nearest glass of wine. It's going to be a rough couple of days.

Soberwolf 01-06-2015 02:52 PM

messyliver 01-06-2015 02:52 PM

Soberwolf 01-06-2015 02:53 PM

messyliver 01-06-2015 02:54 PM

messyliver 01-06-2015 02:56 PM

sorry i had a computer problem and it seemed to multiple post everything! lol x

Soberwolf 01-06-2015 02:56 PM

Hang in there messyliver http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

Sulu1 01-06-2015 02:57 PM

Welcome back :) Sorry that you are hurting, hang on in there.

SoberLeigh 01-06-2015 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by messyliver (Post 5121467)

No, it isn't pathetic at all. Early sobriety can be a very, very emotional time. Try and put that NA experience behind you; just throw out whatever you have left.

Stay focused on your success, your goal.

Rooting for you.

PurpleKnight 01-06-2015 04:07 PM

Well you're back now!! :)

Don't beat yourself up about the past, we all have one and it can't be changed, but we can do is re write the next chapter in our future!!

You can too messyliver!! :)

messyliver 01-06-2015 04:10 PM

Thanks for the positive comments guys. I just know i'm in for a difficult couple of days and i'm dreading it. Back to work tomorrow and dreading it, had a bad start to 2015 with two deaths and a lot of bad luck. My head is fried.

jryan19982 01-08-2015 03:14 PM

Did you ever make it to the DR and just get thinks checked out? Your DR will also help with your drinking problem and be able to give you something while you quit,

savarna 01-08-2015 04:14 PM

The main thing is your here. I don't think the non alcoholic beer is a relapse but don't drink it again. Keep close.

upminer 01-08-2015 09:09 PM

Don't consider it a relapse. Did you go out and intend to drink it your recovery be damned? Myself, I was going to buy a real beer and opted for the NA instead. It has kept me off real beer. Now I'm beginning work on changing habits not just quitting not alcohol. NA is a part of that for me at the moment. Had I bought a 6 pack of real beer it would have been a relapse. A 6 pack of NA was a safer alternative for me and I feel a large part of keeping me from real alcohol. Just don't do it again but don't take away credit from yourself by calling it a relapse!