Notices

Hello Im New so I thought I would say hello

Old 01-13-2015, 12:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Still not drinking although getting a regular sleep pattern is proving challenging and still a few emotional mood swings to contend with. The main thing as I see it now every day w/o alcohol is a victory of sorts despite the mood swings . i just have to do this or its game over. Anybody any idea how quickly the body recovers ?? I would like to have something +ve to relate too when my mood swings down - what I mean is even when i'm down - if I know something worthwhile is happening to my body then it will be something to hold on to if you get my meaning?
Thanks and im getting by
Old 01-13-2015, 01:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

hi James, depending on how long you were drinking and how much it can take a while for the body to recover. If you spent many years poisoning your body you can't really expect it to fully recover in days or months. Hormones and emotions will take longer again. Just stick to the program - ZERO drinking, lots of water, eat well and often, read as much as you can about curing this disease, maybe attend some AA meetings, reach out for help and try to stay positive. All the rest will come in time - really though there is only one MUST remember - don't drink. Everything else stems from that.