Notices

A beautiful girl handed me a beer....and I took it

Old 01-05-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A beautiful girl handed me a beer....and I took it

Even while detoxing using benzos... I took it and drank it.... am I crazy? She was really attractive...a few points ouf of my league I'd say...
What is wrong with me? and of course 1 turned into 10.... I did end up hooking up with her if there's a bright side to the story....but I may have almost died.... who wakes up at 6pm? Yeah I woke up at 6pm today. Must have been the benzo/alcohol combo.... I'm just glad to be here and be alive. I'm starting the 12 steps tomorrow... I don't want to do them, but I feel like they are a last resort... I really am powerless over my drinking... I've finally admitted it... I'm feeling confident... confident enough to put my sobriety date in my signature like some of you have
Old 01-05-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad you are back Serper. The immediate question you should probably ask is why you were out in a drinking establishment just a few days into detox. Admitting you are powerless is a big step...hope you can stick around and take action to follow up
Old 01-05-2015, 07:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Glad you are back Serper. The immediate question you should probably ask is why you were out in a drinking establishment just a few days into detox. Admitting you are powerless is a big step...hope you can stick around and take action to follow up
It was a close friends birthday.... and it's was at one of those places that drinking isn't the main reason you go... but it's there. I wasn't sure if people would be drinking or not
Old 01-05-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Serper2014 View Post
It was a close friends birthday.... and it's was at one of those places that drinking isn't the main reason you go... but it's there. I wasn't sure if people would be drinking or not
I personally had to remove myself from drinking situations completely for quite some time initially. You'll need to decide if you need to do the same. Acceptance is key, but the real work is about to begin.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
I personally had to remove myself from drinking situations completely for quite some time initially. You'll need to decide if you need to do the same. Acceptance is key, but the real work is about to begin.

Let it begin, I'm ready
Old 01-05-2015, 08:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm confident you can do this. Admitting you can't control your drinking is a big step.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Serper,

You are starting the steps but do not want to???? You are setting yourself up to FAIL already!

Seriously bro'... the sooner you can admit to yourself that you need help and reach out to someone to be your sponsor, the sooner you can have some peace in your life.

Turn it over to your higher power and ask for guidance and you will win!

IMHO, going to meetings EVERY day and listening for the next week is a great idea. DO NOT rush into the steps, start them when you have changed your mindset and can really put your best effort into the work. There is NO prize for completing them in a short period of time.

Read the 1st 164 pages of the big book before you do any step work. Get a 12X12 and start reading it as well. You can change your life if you want it but there are some changes you are going to have to make to succeed.

Stay out of bars and stop chasing women for at least 1 year! Concentrate on YOU and your sobriety. Remove the people from your life that you have been drinking and partying with. Get to meetings early and stay late to get to know the folks at your fellowship. Make sober friends that you can rely on and trust.

You CAN do this but you have to want it more than ANYTHING!
Old 01-05-2015, 08:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hope4Life View Post
Serper,

You are starting the steps but do not want to???? You are setting yourself up to FAIL already!

Seriously bro'... the sooner you can admit to yourself that you need help and reach out to someone to be your sponsor, the sooner you can have some peace in your life.

Turn it over to your higher power and ask for guidance and you will win!

IMHO, going to meetings EVERY day and listening for the next week is a great idea. DO NOT rush into the steps, start them when you have changed your mindset and can really put your best effort into the work. There is NO prize for completing them in a short period of time.

Read the 1st 164 pages of the big book before you do any step work. Get a 12X12 and start reading it as well. You can change your life if you want it but there are some changes you are going to have to make to succeed.

Stay out of bars and stop chasing women for at least 1 year! Concentrate on YOU and your sobriety. Remove the people from your life that you have been drinking and partying with. Get to meetings early and stay late to get to know the folks at your fellowship. Make sober friends that you can rely on and trust.

You CAN do this but you have to want it more than ANYTHING!
Thank you for this..... I really appreciate it....sometimes i need to be yelled at