Notices

Sick and Tired

Old 01-05-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sick and Tired

Hello. After about 6 years of embarrassing drinking, I really want to quit. I can't drink like a normal person. Over the past several years I wind up sending ridiculous or sometimes hateful text messages or just making up crazy stories. I have a huge amount of guilt and anxiety every morning. I'm always fighting off a hangover. And so remorseful over how I've acted not to fathom the amount of money I blow through. Does anyone else ever feel trapped in this cycle?
Old 01-05-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well the good thing about breaking that cycle is being hang over free in the morning and not having that anxiety. It will be tough at first to break something you have been doing for so long, but its not impossible by a long stretch. You can do this. Make sure you make a good plan on how you plan on stopping and what you are going to do when the temptation of it all arises...
Old 01-05-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yep I did some of that too! Craziness, anger, confusion, denial you name it. Its not a good cycle to find yourself in, the good new sthough is that you can change it if you are willing to make the effort? Like so many on here have done or are in the process of doing...
Old 01-05-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome lunar park.

Oh I know that feeling so well. Feeling crappy all day just to drink at night time and do it all again. You can get out of the cycle!

Welcome to SR
Old 01-05-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Oh gosh, yes, I was totally trapped in the cycle and had no idea how to move forward. I couldn't imagine how to navigate through my life without alcohol. The good news is that you can get out of the cycle. Take the leap of faith and step out and believe that you can do this.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Oh gosh, yes, I was totally trapped in the cycle and had no idea how to move forward. I couldn't imagine how to navigate through my life without alcohol. The good news is that you can get out of the cycle. Take the leap of faith and step out and believe that you can do this.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Old 01-05-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!
Old 01-05-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think you have come to the right place. That's a (not so) merry-go-round that we are all trying to get off.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sober Member

Yes I was trapped too.

I would wake up with a pincer of a headache, feeling sick to my stomach, sometimes making myself sick, so I could function. I would say, I am not drinking any more. Then that evening on the way home from work, I would buy booze and say to myself, I will just take it easy.

The next morning, I would do all again.

The good news is you can break the cycle.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Lunarpark
Old 01-05-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Been there!

When I made the decision to stop living that way and got serious about AA and CHOSE to live sober and make a better life for myself.....

It worked.

And now that cycle is a thing of the past and I never have to be caught in it again.

You sound ready to make that choice too.

Welcome.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and over again expecting different results.

You can break free! Join us................

Glad you found us.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I was definitely trapped in that cycle; the good news is that you can absolutely break free.

As Kris said, join us.

Welcome, lunarpark.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:03 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Oh honey. You are not alone in this at all. I did the same things. There is a solution and you never have to feel this way again. Alcohol has nothing good for you. Forget about it you cant drink. Read around on here. There is tons of great advise and we will be here to cheer you on and you embark on your journey
Old 01-05-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I, too, rode that Merry-Go-Round for a long, long time. Very glad I got off and have chosen to live a sober lifestyle now
Old 01-05-2015, 07:35 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I am such a blathering idiot after too much to drink. My friends and family have all distanced themselves and no longer get any invites anywhere. However, I do keep in touch and they all support me in my recovery...but from a distance still. I am almost a year sober but I think they are waiting to see if it holds.

I am seeing a therapist and started AA to build a new life with sober people and we'll see how I am perceived by family/friends then.

To be honest, most people probably won't really care about my past drunken exploits anyway