SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   33 days clean (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/355617-33-days-clean.html)

Placebo 01-05-2015 08:17 AM

33 days clean

Hey all, brand new here.

It's been over a month since I quit opiates and couldn't be more happier with the decision to live a healthy, productive and meaningful life for once (after several failed attempts).

Being sober is both liberating and a little frightening. I get discouraged at 2 weeks/4weeks/whatever mark wanting to be free from all psychical symptoms. The addicts mind eh? :)

Have to be patient and remind myself that all this pain & discomfort is worth it and shall pass. But, some days is hard to imagine a bright future when I feel strange. Don't know how to describe it - the pain is minimal - but now I'm kinda lost.

Is it PAWS or am I still early in recovery? Thought that by 2-3 weeks I would get back (relatively) to feeling normal.

Anna 01-05-2015 08:23 AM

Congratulations on 33 days clean. Good for you!

I think it's normal to feel kind of lost in early recovery. For me, I had to figure out how to manage my life being fully present and it took awhile. Have you made any changes in your life besides not using the drugs? Maybe you can get back to some hobbies or activities you enjoy? I'm glad you posted.

BBQBiker 01-05-2015 08:26 AM

Welcome and congrats Placedo.
Ditto to what Anna said. I find that allowing yourself to enjoy things again has helped me when I feel lost. Also discovering new things that make me happy is something that amazes me every day. Story strong with your focus.

Placebo 01-05-2015 08:44 AM

Thank you Anna & BBQBiker :)

I'm staying at home to avoid triggers. The only change I have made so far is to get up for a short walk and read books. I know I have to fill this "void" left by drugs with healthy things, but lack motivation. And am very insecure/shy.

Hopefully will manage my sober time better with all the information here.

Thanks for the kind words and advice.

SoberLeigh 01-05-2015 09:05 AM

Welcome, placebo, and congratulations on 33 days.

Recovery takes time; be patient and gentle with yourself. You will heal at your body's own unique rate and in its own way.

The bright future you seek is attainable. Stay the course.

Soberwolf 01-05-2015 09:23 AM

Welcome placebo 33 days is awesome youl find a ton of support here

Nice to meet you

JanieJ 01-05-2015 12:43 PM

Welcome Placebo :)

Congratulations on 33 clean days !

You will find tons of support here.

Think it's normal to feel a bit odd for a while- I've been sober about three months and still feel weird. Takes time to adjust.

Glad to have you with us !

Placebo 01-05-2015 01:07 PM

Thank You all for the kind words, it's really humbling how supportive, positive & encouraging you all are.

Already loving this "internet home", glad to have found you.

Hevyn 01-05-2015 01:11 PM

Hi Placebo - so good to meet you.

I felt very disoriented for a couple of months. I had been drinking for decades - I had to learn a whole new way of life. The lost feeling will clear up - you will grow stronger and more optimistic. :) Congratulations on your 33 days clean.

PurpleKnight 01-05-2015 03:54 PM

Great job on 33 Days!! :socregood

Justincredible 01-05-2015 05:27 PM

Welcome Placebo,
I am off the opiates for a month + now and am exactly where you are! I feel spacey and am certain I am going through extended withdrawal/paws (aint nobody got time for that!), so I am slowly increasing my exercise/treadmill, and healthy food intake, and setting little goals for myself each day.
Right now, I am trying to be as kind as possible to myself, and stay strong to recovering on MY time. Nobody else will affect my timeline. I failed in earlier attempts because I put too much importance on other peoples expectations, got stressed out, and couldn't live up to them. So, now this time it is for me, and I feel so much stronger and game for the daily battle doing it this way.

matilda123 01-05-2015 05:30 PM

Fantastic job, Placebo!!!:c011: