Notices

Getting by.

Old 01-05-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting by.

I am not in any way being too confident when I say this, but it is amazing to me how hard it can be to quit, then once you get your mind in the right place, you can turn the switch to off? I am starting day 3 and the first day was hard. Not because of physical cravings but because I have family visiting and it is very stressful for me. The depression was crushing me and the dysfunctional family stress just compounded things. I knew that there was no way I could handle the family drama drinking and depressed and that finally gave me the push that I needed to get my head in that place where I have been able to quit before. The family drama is still going strong. In fact I am being attacked by my husband because I am not engaging with it. I have been pretty quiet, but I am not angry or getting my feelings hurt because of the slights that I feel. I just feel like I am in my calm protective bubble and my depression is getting better. I have been spending a lot of time in my bedroom away from everyone and my husband is furious about it. My daughter confided in me last night that she was leaving today to get out of here and get some peace. My son, daughter in law and grandson will be leaving in a few days. Then maybe I will have some time to try to get my relationship a little better with my husband.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

That sounds like a horrible living situation.

Is there any way that you can leave for awhile?
Old 01-05-2015, 12:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Anna, all of the company will be gone in a few days. I get away when I can.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Karen