Notices

Free

Old 01-02-2015, 09:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Free

I don't know if I am an alcoholic.I quit drinking 2 days ago.I have no symptoms as of yet.I was drinking every day.If I went to lunch I had to have a margarita or a long island tea.I would drink wine while I made dinner almost every night.Every activity involved alcohol.My husband and I would frequently drink together.He has been abusive.One night he broke everything in the house.I have slept outside many nights to get away.He used to get mad at me because I would not drink.It made me sick.I hated the smell and taste..but now I like it.
I decided to quit smoking and get healthy a couple of years ago.I did quit smoking and I have lost 52 lbs.I exercise regular and have taken an online course on nutrition but I continued to drink.It is my final step from addiction and to my new life.I don't think my marriage can survive but for now that is on the back burner.He has quit with me just because I have made it clear it is a priority.I don't know if he will last. If not I will have to get away from him.I can't quit if he brings it here.Any advice is appreciated.I dont talk to my family about any of this.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hiya Vikki, big hugs.
Welcome to SR and congrats on day 2.
Well done on losing 52lbs aswell & quitting smoking
Awh hun, I'm so sorry about you & your hubbys situation, it's not easy.....but your sobriety is the most important.
Great that he's quit with you ..... hoping he'll last and you can do this together.
Stay close to SR, there are fantastic people here 24 / 7 .... and they're always here to talk.
Take care
xxxx
Old 01-02-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Vicki,

I'm glad that you recognize that you need to stop drinking. It's also good that you see your husband may or may not make it, and that doesn't mean you won't make it. You sound like you're doing well focusing on alcoholism as a priority in your life, and I hope that you can continue to do that.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You have taken some major steps for a healthy lifestyle - quitting smoking, acquiring healthy eating habits and losing weight. Congratulations, Vikki, and more congratulations on your desire to leave alcohol behind you.

Glad that your husband has stopped drinking, too; hope he continues but if he doesn't it is still possible for you to continue your own sobriety. It certainly complicates your own efforts but if you read around the site you will stories of success despite a spouse's continued drinking.

Stay close to SR; it is here for you 24/7/365. There is always someone here who cares and truly wants to see you succeed.

Welcome, Vikki.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Welcome Vikki (((()))

Glad you found us.

You've done so well losing weight and quitting smoking, you're obviously a strong person.

I'm so glad you are also getting sober

As others have said, there is always someone around for support whenever you need it.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Vikki nice to meet you

Well done on day 2 youl find a ton of support here
Old 01-02-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard Vikki. Stopping drinking sounds like a great decision for you

D