Notices

I've had a couple drinks

Old 01-01-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

It's a new year, ArtFriend. Make it your's, my friend.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:03 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Artfriend.
I read your post last night, not knowing you- if you were "kidding" or serious about drinking.
Today- I see you drank.
I view your post as being real and transparent- a refreshing breath of air really, as we all deal with an addiction that causes even great people to lie, cover up and hide.
Thank you for sharing this little piece of your recovery journey .
I wish you an awesome 2015!
Old 01-01-2015, 07:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
quat

So...? Why the thread? And what are your future plans about alcohol use ?
Old 01-01-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank YOU livingnow! I am glad that you see it that way. I was feeling a bit ashamed for posting that but now I see that it did manage to help someone. HNY!!!
Old 01-01-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

double post
Old 01-01-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
quat

Actually , I meant to ask about your plans for futurealcohol use. And I do not mean it in a preachy or snarky way, are looking to moderate , or ?
Old 01-01-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Artfriend you posted this in newcomers when you could have posted in alcoholism Did you think about 24h Newbies seeing this and the effect it may have ? Artfriend ive been telling ppl who are struggling to stay sober to possibly consider rehab/inpatient to help conqer thier addiction do you think its time ? Good luck with having a sober 2nd January and i wish you luck peace & happiness for 2015
I agree with Soberwolf. ArtFriend, your post really triggered me yesterday and all of last night. I'm only 25 days sober and was struggling anyway. I logged on to SR for support and saw your post. You were like "Oh well! I'm drinking...la dee da....do big deal..."

I didn't drink last night but the way you were so nonchalant about your drinking bothered me. I didn't understand why you needed to advertise that you were drinking alcohol on New Years Eve (or any time, really). What was the point of that, really? I thought about this all night and really needed to share my feelings about it.

Good luck to you. I hope you can figure out if sobriety is something you really want. Maybe you're not ready to quit? I didn't and couldn't quit until I was in enough pain and ready to do ANYTHING to change.

I truly wish you the best and will keep you in my prayers.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ArtFriend View Post
Thank YOU livingnow! I am glad that you see it that way. I was feeling a bit ashamed for posting that but now I see that it did manage to help someone. HNY!!!
I think that posting here was good, you held yourself accountable even though it is your choice not to disclose the reasons behind it...(we all have warped logic at times). I didn't take it as nonchalant, but with the written words, its hard to tell, different people have different mindsets.

And yes, you CAN post in any section where you feel comfortable posting and think you will get the most feedback. (If it's not correct or on topic, the moderators will decide that).

I think that your posting was helpful to many, no matter how long you are sober or newly sober, it just can happen.

I was very happy with 45 days sobriety when I first joined here in 2010. I still cannot fathom the reason why I drove directly to the liquor store after work and purchased a bottle of wine...but it was done and it took me a week of exhausting fights with myself to finish it.

I hope you realize that it was an error and you prefer sobriety. Happy New Year to you, stay with us and try the "Stay Sober thread through the weekend" for more support, everyone is welcome.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Artfriend - I think you're getting beat up a bit because a lot of folks here are very sensitive to stories of ongoing drinking. That being said, if you posted as a sort of confessional then I understand. I have lapsed many many times. I hope you continue to fight this horrible addiction with us.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I am feeling a bit defensive with these posts this morning. Serenidad, sorry my post triggered you but that is on you, not me. Also, I didn't know that I was responsible for the way newbies would react to my posting. I am a newbie myself! I posted to get support too, although you wouldn't know it.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
I think that posting here was good, you held yourself accountable even though it is your choice not to disclose the reasons behind it...(we all have warped logic at times). I didn't take it as nonchalant, but with the written words, its hard to tell, different people have different mindsets.

And yes, you CAN post in any section where you feel comfortable posting and think you will get the most feedback. (If it's not correct or on topic, the moderators will decide that).

I think that your posting was helpful to many, no matter how long you are sober or newly sober, it just can happen.

I was very happy with 45 days sobriety when I first joined here in 2010. I still cannot fathom the reason why I drove directly to the liquor store after work and purchased a bottle of wine...but it was done and it took me a week of exhausting fights with myself to finish it.

I hope you realize that it was an error and you prefer sobriety. Happy New Year to you, stay with us and try the "Stay Sober thread through the weekend" for more support, everyone is welcome.
Thank you Fandy!! You have articulated what I think/feel quite nicely. Yep..I threw out the rest of the bottle last night. I had about 3 drinks out of it. I am ready to move on.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I know you're hurting, ArtFriend, and I am sorry for your pain. Your losses have been huge. You can honor your sister with your own heartfelt, sincere sobriety once again. Soften your heart, dear ArtFriend, and come back to us.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I am glad for you, Artfriend!

You can take that in two ways, and I mean both!
Old 01-01-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Glad you threw out the bottle, Artfriend. Today is a new day, just get back on the horse!
Old 01-01-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

Artfriend,

I didn't see your post as a negative thing. I saw it like a cry for help. Just know I am in your corner, I am rooting for you. I give you plenty of props for your bravery & owning the fact you drank last night.

Dust yourself off & try again. You are worth it.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Do it ArtFriend. Live life sober!
Old 01-01-2015, 08:05 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ArtFriend View Post
It doesn't matter Serenidad. I tried and failed. Tomorrow is another day and year.
I tried to support you last night even though I was struggling myself. I was sad for you. This was your answer. ^^^ I am not arguing with you. I simply shared the way it made me feel as a newcomer.

This is a recovery website. I come here to get support for my recovery. I came here last night to see stories of strength, hope and sobriety so I could make it through the evening sober. So yes, you're right, it's on "me" and I managed to stay sober.

I fully understand that I am the only one who can keep myself sober (with the help of God, AA & SR). I am putting in hard work and it's working. That being said, I'm still fragile.

I truly hope you are ready to quit. I do believe you are a great person that has a big heart and many gifts to offer. This disease tries to steal everything from us. It will take pieces of us and eventually our lives if we keep drinking. Hopefully 2015 will be an awesome sober year for all of us!
Old 01-01-2015, 08:08 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

It is a brand new day. I sort of took it as maybe you needed the feedback to pour it out and stop. Happy New Year.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:11 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you drank Artfriend, and I hope you can come through this quickly. You did so well to throw the rest away. Happy New Year, let's make it an entire year of health, happiness and sobriety
Old 01-01-2015, 08:12 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

And P.S. I really believe you can do this! I KNOW you can! Just put in the work and you will get results. :-)