Notices

1st sober New Years

Old 12-31-2014, 06:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1st sober New Years

Today is my fourth day sober.
It will be my first New Years sober since I can't remember when. I think since I was 18.The evening is just beginning and have decided to avoid friend, clubs, or any form of socializing to avoid having a drink.
I have kept myself busy all day exercising, house chores but have felt lost all day as usually I am planing a party or getting ready for a night out.
I have worried about this night all week and here it is.
I have asked God to help me today, today is the hardest day it seems.
It will be the strangest thing waking up tomorrow with no hangover or phone calls talking about the night before.
Friends are calling waiting for a reply if am going out tonight.
I really don't know what I am going to do at home. Reading everyone's posts seems to help , I am really thankful I came across this app SR.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

good on you alivesoul, stick around here. SR will be full of folks celebrating not drinking.

Welcome to the forum. There are a couple threads dedicated to this event, weekenders, alone for the xmas/new years - look around and join in.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I haven't gone out on New Years in years. Even when I was drinking it seemed like a dangerous night to be out.

Netflix just added a bunch of new shows - and I'll be in bed by 9PM, so it's just another night in my world

Welcome to the site!
Old 12-31-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This will be my first sober New Years as well!! You can do it!! Read SR threads, watch tv, play solitaire, go to bed early--do whatever keeps you from drinking!
Old 12-31-2014, 06:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Mine too! We can do this! I plan on cooking a nice meal and watching some cool films on Netflix! I have just sent the other half out with a list of non alcoholic drinks to celebrate with!
Old 12-31-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Same here! I already feel somewhat accomplished because I would have typically began drinking by now. I'd pass out around 2pm and wake up around 8pm to party. As I've read on this board, this is just another day. We can do it!
Old 12-31-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on your first sober new years i think your decision is very wise i stayed at home on my first new years babysitting and absolutely loved it

This year i am spending it with mrs soberwolf at home relaxing as were both getting over colds

but youl have SR here throughout the evening to interact with

have a great sober 1st new year well done you
Old 12-31-2014, 07:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Mine too and I don't have anyplace to go. And I am still detoxing...muscle aches, headache, cold, etc. But so much better than a hangover. So, I am going to hang here until I get to go to an AA breakfast in the morning! Happy New Year everyone.
Old 12-31-2014, 07:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great decision to avoid drinking situations tonight, AliveSoul.

You are going to feel truly amazing when you wake up tomorrow!
Old 12-31-2014, 07:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats on 4 days AliveSoul! I will not be drinking either and it is probably my first since I was 18 minus being pregnant and a DWI arrest a few years (back shortly before New Years). So that's 18 New Year's Eves that I barely remember and an awful lot of pain and hurt on New Year's Day. You can do it and will be so happy to wake up on New Year's day with another day under your belt and on your way to a sober year!
Old 12-31-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good stuff, AliveSoul! Happy New Year's!

It's also my first sober NYE. Keep it up
Old 12-31-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Wow!!! Came back to my phone and found all these replies, gave me a lump in my throat.
I was rationalizing with myself saying well if I do go out then I won't drink tonight.
What if I do want a drink then just one or two and just one shot ?
I have been able to go a few weeks without a drink before but then the cycle starts again where I have a bottle of wine every other night .
So four days ago I decided enough, no more alcohol.
It has been very hard over New Years and I will miss the party but I know it's for my own good moving forward.

Thank you so very much for all your replies, it is much appreciated, am going to take it hour by hour.