Notices

Day 10 on my own

Old 12-30-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 10 on my own

Waking up to Day 10 sober. Feeling good. So far my sobriety has been a very independent and self reflective journey. Each day of sobriety has presented small victories, challenges, and struggles, and I have dedicated myself to addressing them and remaining sober. Bon addition, I am enjoying be present in my life and in the lives of those around me.

My concern is that I KNOW I can't do this alone. I am extremely nervous to go to an AA meeting, and due to my husbands work schedule and the kids, it is difficult to find the time to go.

I have been checking into to SR every day, and reading some recovery books.

Has anyone done this without AA? Or any other suggestions?
Old 12-30-2014, 05:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Suzie
Well done on day 10. It's a fantastic feeling waking up to another sober day.

I feel the same as you - I'm very upbeat & determined that this time I'm going to do this.......but also worried in the back of my mind that a few months down the line - I'll end up relapsing ....

I spoke with my Dr about it yesterday - she said that it's important to have some kind of plan for moving forward and some sort of support network around you.
I've been checking into SR everyday aswell and reading some recovery books.
My Dr has referred me to the local Alcohol Support Centre aswell for local support.

Plenty of people have kicked this though with SR. Keep coming back everyday, they support here is the best.

Big hugs
xx
Old 12-30-2014, 05:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

it does get easier

So sorry you feel so alone, I'm on day 5 of a heroin detox, this is not the first time Ive been here but Jesus I hope its the last, my last shot a couple of years ago lasted bout 6 months and I know in y heart its because I tried to do it all alone, I fee lucky in. away because I know why I fell into addiction and I know that only by counselling, therapy and NA that I will have a good shot at long term recovery. I totally understand with a husband and kids finding the time for meetings is tough but be honest with yourself you would have always found the time to get alcohol and drink whilst you were in active addiction. very very few ,make it on their own are you willing to take the chance that you won't, keep posting here and reading others posts its more helpful than you can believe......

One day at a time
This too shall pass
Old 12-30-2014, 05:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 10 days. It usually gets a bit easier with time. At any time the thinking can switch to: it wasn’t that bad, I can have one, I’ll only drink one glass and on and on.
This ailment is deadly and best held as a #1 priority for continued sane living.
This is a disease we alcoholics have for life, like it or not often referred as powerful, cunning, insidious and baffling with good reason.
Read some posts about people and their first meetings and the majority are quite positive once we can get beyond our self centered fear.
There is a lot of helpful sober people here that have lifesaving suggesting, many are fellowship members.

BE WELL
Old 12-30-2014, 05:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ph7

Hi Suzie,

I'm 146 days sober and only used SR and a bit of will power.

I joined one of the monthly quit groups which helped me focus on my sobriety whilst learning about other peoples lives and how they dealt with day to day issues battling addiction. I didn't post that much but others did and which helped them and me tremendously.

Each of us have used different ways and tools to get past those difficult times.

When you feel the need you may want to try other support networks (AA, etc.) but for now please realise by being active in SR that you are no longer alone in your battle and usually someone here will be able to give you a quick response or advice when you most need it
Old 12-30-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on day 10 Suzie

SR is my primary source of sobriety

There is many recovery programmes AA AVRT some ppl get councelling as well as OP and group therapy

find what is right for you

Keep going