Notices

How much do/did you drink?

Old 12-30-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post

I realize the value of this kind of discussion but worry that it is in Newcomers. My concern is that a newcomer will read this thread and conclude "wow; I'm not that bad" and keep drinking.
Thanks, SoberLeigh. My concern, too.

About six or seven months before joining SR, I visited. I think that in my state of denial, I cherry-picked what I remembered from reading. And "those people" were worse than me.

Of course, I am accountable for that. I knew then exactly what I was (an alcoholic) and what I needed to do (stop being an alcoholic). But the early forays into sobriety are fragile times, mentally and emotionally.

For those reading, if you've got a problem, you've got a problem. You're here, knowing what you are and what you need to do. Don't get sucked into your comparing frequency and volume to that of others and step back from sobriety and recovery.
Old 12-30-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Ok well since this was posted I drank 30 standard drinks got a prostitute and vomited. Plus out if the hours I was drunk I was driving for about 2.
Life sucks.
Old 12-30-2014, 10:49 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Glad to hear all that fun is still waiting for me if I were to take a drink. Thanks.
Old 12-30-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can turn things around Kimura - depends on what you're willing to do.

D
Old 12-30-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I would have about 4-8 drinks per day except for the one where I absolutely needed to get sleep during the week. When I was feeling good I'd have around 10 or so
Old 01-02-2015, 03:47 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

About 3-4 times a week I drink 750ml of vodka over 3-4 hours. I am the type of alcoholic that wants to drink fast and be done with it just to get drunk asap. I'm currently on day 2 of no drinking...I rarely make it to day 7 so keep me in your thoughts please!
Old 01-02-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

When I used to drink I drank it all.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:33 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tang View Post
These threads can be comforting, but the effect of alcohol amounts on different people's physiology can produce different results. I used one of these threads to justify I didn't have a problem because I drank less than someone else. I was still drinking too much.
True but for a female a heavy drinker is more than ten drinks in a week.
I drank 3-4 glasses a night , 7!days a week. 28 drinks is way past 10 and honestly. 10 is a lot.
I know I can't do it in moderation ever. This site only proves it more.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:34 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

These threads can be comforting, but the effect of alcohol amounts on different people's physiology can produce different results. I used one of these threads to justify I didn't have a problem because I drank less than someone else. I was still drinking too much.
I drank 3-4 glasses a night , 7!days a week. 28 drinks is way past 10 and honestly. 10 is a lot.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Old 01-02-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Old 01-02-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I drank until I quit my job, lost my boyfriend, didn't have any sober friends, felt like crap, felt like crap some more and hated myself. That was how much I drank.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:18 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I drank until I quit my job, lost my boyfriend, didn't have any sober friends, felt like crap, felt like crap some more and hated myself. That was how much I drank.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Let's see at the worst before I quit it would be either one or two 24 oz cans of ice beer or malt liquor or one 40 oz. bottle of the same to get the quick buzz and then 6-8 lite beers to maintain. Every. Single. Day. Damn.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:37 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

At my worst, 6-10 beers or 2 bottles of wine a night during the work week (3-4) nights a week. Then from Friday night till Sunday morning at least a case of beer all weekend with who knows what added in. It got to the point that a few times I snuck in my closet to have a few drinks when I woke up on the weekend and also hid an open beer in the fridge while I was drinking coffee... so my teenage son wouldn't suspect. Dang! It feels good to type that out and see it in black and white!!!! I am disgusted at that and at the same time relieved that I am not that person now!!!!
Old 01-02-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Monday through Thursday would be 10 to 12 beers a night, Friday through Sunday night would be a 30 pack of beer a day. Did this for almost 2 years straight will a few non drinking days in there somewhere. Day 2 sober for me and I don't want to go back to my old ways.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:21 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I was generally a binge drinker, not every day but probably more days than not. Wine when I was home alone, usually a bottle minimum (towards the end this barely got me buzzed so I adjusted accordingly). When I went out, God only knows...blacked out before I could get a final tally.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:32 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cecilia44 View Post
This was me exactly. Resigned from my job rather than be fired lost my fiance and continued to drink for several months. Whatever the amount it was clearly too much and enough to destroy my life.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:34 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Difficult one to quantify this. What I can say though, it was an even constant there for a few years. Some times steady, but other times all out.

One time I do remember, it was after splitting with my ex I was staying at a friends house for a few weeks. Somebody had managed to schedule an appointment with addiction counsellor an hours drive away. Anyway my friend asked me to try and not drink for the, which I was unable to do.

When I got back, maybe 6 hours later she noticed that I was in a much better state than when I left and asked me to count how many pints I'd drank (we were having a spliff). It was 16! And all of this was behind the person who was drivings back, basically in the space of a few short hours.

I was even surprised by that
Old 01-02-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

On a light night I would drink around 250ml of hard liquor. Maybe one or two days per week I would double that. Rarely went a day without. Sometimes I would start off the evening with a few strong beers to chase down shots of liquor. When I was drinking wine it would be around 750ml per night, usually more on the weekends.