Notices

How much do/did you drink?

Old 12-29-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

12 light beers a night, if there were any extras sometimes 14-16. Almost every night. 9 days sober tonight!
Old 12-29-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I'd drink a 5 liter box of wine in 3 days. Did a few in 2 days. If not wine then half a 750mL bottle of gin or vodka a night. Last 6 months before I stopped I'd down a 6 pack of beer, 4 if I picked a high alcohol (9.5%) craft beer, before the wine or spirits.

Can't believe I went so long either drunk, hungover, or waiting to start all over the next day.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

30 pack of beer, drinking all day, 7 days a week at my worst. When I picked it back up, it was no more than 6 beers a night, 7 days a week (my idea of moderation).
Third time around, probably half a bottle of wine a night at least....more on most nights.

Over a hundred thousand drinks in my lifetime. Enough for several thousand women my size, methinks. Funny, I'm almost 50 years old, but all those drinks made me lose so many of those years. I've only lived half of them.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:04 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Though I understand the curiosity is human nature, does it really matter?

Whatever the volume, it was killing us.

Whatever our past, it's our future -- and the hope brought by recovery -- that matters.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:41 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
Though I understand the curiosity is human nature, does it really matter?

Whatever the volume, it was killing us.

Whatever our past, it's our future -- and the hope brought by recovery -- that matters.
I agree with your sentiment. Reason I posted us that this thread helps me remember all the bad times and that's s good thing for my sobriety.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:02 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I was at 12 beers a day minimum by my late 20's. Then began vodka. A fifth every night. Then lost my job and drank all day alone. Wouldn't know how many units were involved. All u need to know is that it doesn't matter how much u drink a day if alcohol is causing problems in your life. There will always be people who drink more or less. You are not alone out there.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:31 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

About two bottles of wine a week and about a six back of beer. Mostly on a empty stomach and too a antidepressant that increases effects of alcohol.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:11 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I was a binge drinker so could be 3 bottles of wine and a few beers or a bottle of vodka And a bottle of wine on top!!!! Crazy amounts
Old 12-30-2014, 02:14 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by Kimura View Post
Wow, you are doing so well. How do u feel?
I feel amazing bar having a cold

being sober is the best thing in the world i love it there are hard days but they are worth it kimura i promise you
Old 12-30-2014, 02:24 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

minimum of 1 bottle of red wine every night ..... usually more. Every night for the past 18 years (unless I was pregnant, hungover or in hospital) ....
Old 12-30-2014, 02:42 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Enough to:-

• put my drivers licence at risk
• risk my job
• risk my relationship
• alienate everyone I know
Old 12-30-2014, 02:49 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

It does not really matter the amount or even how often. It matters what it is doing to your life and your relationships.

I did not understand this for the longest time. I had to hit bottom and when I did I found I barely had a life and there were no more relationships.

You do not have to hit bottom, you can stop digging today!
Old 12-30-2014, 03:31 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

What amazed me was how little it took in the end to give me a monster of a hangover. At the very end I really couldn't drink that much but the hangovers were worse than ever.
Old 12-30-2014, 03:43 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MelindaFlowers View Post
What amazed me was how little it took in the end to give me a monster of a hangover. At the very end I really couldn't drink that much but the hangovers were worse than ever.
This.
Old 12-30-2014, 04:11 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I would usually drink 2-3 nights during the week and have a couple nights off. On a drinking night I would have at least a bottle of wine but more often a bottle of wine and two standard scotches. I would buy the scotch in nip bottles because I knew that having more than that made for an intolerable hangover, panic attacks and not making it to work the next day.

On the weekend all bets were off and I might drink both Friday and Saturday nights, anywhere up to 15 drinks a night, more if I was simultaneously indulging in stimulant chemicals.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:52 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Enough to cause me lots of problems.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:02 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Maybe not as much as many have disclosed here but too much - certainly enough to qualify being an alcoholic.

I guess my point is it doesn't take copious amounts of alcohol to steal your health, your mind, your soul.

I realize the value of this kind of discussion but worry that it is in Newcomers. My concern is that a newcomer will read this thread and conclude "wow; I'm not that bad" and keep drinking.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sickofthiscrap View Post
I would usually drink 2-3 nights during the week and have a couple nights off. On a drinking night I would have at least a bottle of wine but more often a bottle of wine and two standard scotches. I would buy the scotch in nip bottles because I knew that having more than that made for an intolerable hangover, panic attacks and not making it to work the next day.

On the weekend all bets were off and I might drink both Friday and Saturday nights, anywhere up to 15 drinks a night, more if I was simultaneously indulging in stimulant chemicals.
This is exactly what I did, the wine and and 2 tiny vodkas, I had actually cut it back from 1-3 bottles of wine.
But sometimes I'd still drink the 2-3 bottles.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:30 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

I drank starting at 7pm (when my daughter goes to bed) 7 days a week. I drank an entire pint of vodka & chased it with a 20 oz. beer. I drank that every night for the past 6 years (minus the time I was pregnant & on maternity leave). I think about it now & I am like YIKES!
Old 12-30-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

My time today is best measured in Sober Days Lived, rather than Bottles Drunk.