Notices

Day 1

Old 12-29-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1

After relapsing over and over then over the last several days drinking all day one day and part of the day the next. My boyfriend broke up with me because of my drinking (who can blame him) and I'm now without a home. I am staying with a friend who's an alcoholic and have an appointment to look at apartments. Tonight I'm meeting a woman from the program for coffee and a meeting, who know if I'll even be able to drink coffee right now. I haven't been eating or sleeping and I think alcohol has finally got me whipped. Why did I think I could drink again? What is wrong with me? Why can't I stop?

I'm calling my sponsor everyday now and going to go to lots of meetings. I really hope and pray that I can beat this. I'm scared that I won't be able to stop. One foot in front of the other. I'll hopefully get better eventually.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there. I've got a little over 24 hours but once had seven months with AA. It was when I stopped reaching out to AA that I knew I was in trouble. I'm planning on meeting some friends at a noon meeting. Knowing that I'm being held accountable for my actions usually helps to motivate me to do the next right thing. Good luck in your journey.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that you are se-committing to sobriety, Janis, and that you are staying close to your sponsor and attending meetings.

Hope you can find a new apartment soon; living with an alcoholic sounds very risky especially of your friend is an active alcoholic.

Rooting for you, Janis.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

All you can do is the next right thing, and you are doing it, Janis. Keep it up. We are on your side!
Old 12-29-2014, 10:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I drank and asked, why again? I finally figured out that I'm an alcoholic and that's what alcoholics do. I was addicted.
I'm sorry for your relapse, but it sounds like you're taking steps in the right direction.
Once we quit drinking, things have a way of sorting themselves out.
I wish this for you and the best.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done Janis
Old 12-29-2014, 02:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Stay strong, Janis ((()))
Old 12-29-2014, 02:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You can do this-do the programme, you WILL get there.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have relapsed so many times I lost count. But I attended my second AA meeting today and made plans with another to attend tomorrow. Also will be going to an AA breakfast New Year's day. I know if I can do this, you can too!

Staying close to SR really helped move me forward even though I was scared out of my mind to walk through those AA doors again.