Notices

Time for me to stop

Old 12-28-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Time for me to stop

Hi this is my first post I am needing help to stop drinking when I drink I find it hard to stop I realise I need to not drink but I know I have a challenge
Old 12-28-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thats my problem I drink until I pass out or I have no more alcohol left. I cant stop or say when is enough. I drank to get obliterated and to numb everything.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Cilla. Welcome to SR.. From Sydney.. Its hard at first but you can do it.. Aussie culture is involves drinking so it makes it even harder. Lots of support here.. Make it a day to day thing and busy yourself. I am all behind you!!!
Old 12-28-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Cilla - asking for help is a great way to start.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm on day one all over again. Having put myself through this too many times to count, I can say with some confidence that self care in the first few days is huge. I've always approached it like getting over the flu. You might not be tired, but rest is important. You might not be hungry, but your body needs sustenance to repair itself. As always, if you are showing signs of withdrawal, seek medical consultation. This site has been a big help before I even joined. When the anxiety that's ever present in early sobriety starts to creep up on me, I come here to read and post. It's more than therapeutic, it's probably as close to catharsis as I've ever come.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome! Stopping drinking is tough, but it can be done. Reaching out for help and support here on SR is a great decision. You'll find lots of encouragement and good advice. Glad you've found us.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Cilla youl find a ton of support here

welcome to SR

read & print this off to read http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-recovery.html