Notices

Been off the wagon for too long...

Old 12-28-2014, 02:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Been off the wagon for too long...

Hello all! I'm a newly registered member here and I am looking forward to this forum being s staple in my new direction back to recovery. I got sober back in Sept. 2010 through to Dec. '11- when I caved in and indulged one night on a date.... Since then, it's been one hell of a ride. Then man I was on a date with became a long term relationship that consisted of a lot of drinking together. The relationship ended in 2013 - when I uncovered many unforgivable lies that brought about lots of pain & disappointment & regret. I caved deeper into self medicating with booze to numb the pain, at the same time, I closed myself off to the world.
I've since moved on, turned 40, have met someone whom I've been seeing for the past 8 months... This man is himself sober since Oct. 2013. This past year, I've broken my wrist in 3 places due to falling down when drunk - have lied to many about how the injury occurred out of shame- my wrist will never be the same or have the same flexibility it once had, I suffered a miscarraige and wonder if perhaps I lost the baby because I was drunk so often before I realized I was actually with child, and I've gained over 15lbs of which I KNOW us from the drinking & binge eating several times a week - all year. I am finally tired, drained & concerned about my demise if I don't change my life. I've tried so many times to stop drinking these past few months, but unlike before.... I now suffer cravings & irritability, I've never had these side effects before. So I'm starting today again, not waiting for Jan. 1st... I'll be spending my New Years with my boyfriend, mostly because he doesn't drink. I have no desire to drink when I'm with him. Thank you for this forum & the support I'll be seeking here. I'm excited to start back onto my journey to sobriety and a new healthy me.
Old 12-28-2014, 03:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, MizKris, to SR. You will find support, encouragement and understanding here.

Glad you found us.
Old 12-28-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Happy you found us MizKris. This is a wonderful place for friendship & support.

I did a similar thing after 3 yrs. of sobriety. Decided I could have a glass of wine, and off I went for 7 yrs. My life went completely off the tracks, worse than ever. That's when I found SR. Knowing others understood meant everything. Good to have you here.
Old 12-28-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum MizKris!!
Old 12-28-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi welcome!
I also have 15 lbs to lose due to bingeing on wine and food :/ yuck.
Anyway! Best wishes and sorry to hear of your misfortunes, unfortunately alcohol seems to do that a lot :/
Old 12-28-2014, 03:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome to Sober Recovery Mizkris
Old 12-28-2014, 04:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome! I tried to quit for years but always slipped back, until I started going to meetings and found this site. It's hard to do on your own without support. I also found several books that helped me - In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts by Gabor Mate, explains the roots of addiction; A New Earth by Elkhart Tolle helped me see how much my ego was running my life. I have 16 months now, and a completely different life.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I know you'll find lots of support here.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome MizKris! Lots of company, empathy and support here! You are in a good place.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, and I'm glad you've decided to stop drinking today.
Old 12-28-2014, 06:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

Welcome mk..I have relapsed after significant periods of sobriety also..and ot never gets any better..hang around theres heaps of good support here

V