Notices

Day 15: Dreams

Old 12-28-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Stay Strong and Motivated

Day 15: Dreams

Made it to day 15 and I'm still feeling pretty good. Last night I encountered the boredom beast and the drink idea popped into my head a couple times. I pushed it away and kept myself busy until it passed. I'm motivated to continue this, but some times it's difficult to keep the thoughts out of my head. The more I think about it the more I start to feel depressed and wonder if I can do this, but it goes away after a while.

Last night's sleep was crazy too, I had a dream that I was at some bar downtown(I never go downtown) getting drunk with random people and my wife comes in, catches me and it was all over. She was so upset, and she seemed to be drunk too. I even remember thinking I have to start over my sobriety and I would have to report it on SR, which was depressing. I felt hangover like in the dream, it was unreal. I woke up feeling depressed that I had done something stupid but once I started to come to and got out of bed I realized it was all a dang dream, and very vivid too!

Talk about stressful sleep. I wonder if was a result of the thoughts I've had or my subconscious AV trying to mess with me. Either way, I'm happy to be at day 15, I'm not going to give up this time and I'm staying the course. Thanks for reading this guys and gals!
Old 12-28-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Jayman well done on day 15 dreaming/nightmares are very common in early sobriety

it will balance out

keep up the fantastic work
Old 12-28-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 15 days!! I had those horrible dreams up until 21 days (almost every night) and if it wasn't about relapsing in some awful way... it was something else crazy that messed with my self-confidence and caused guilt and anxiety. What I learned from those dreams was that I was so incredibly happy that they were just dreams and I had made it another day sober. I know those dreams are powerful but they are healing us in some way, as we are able to achieve a dream state again and not just passing out. Although, I'm only a few weeks ahead of you (36 days), the dreams will level out.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I too just had a very similar dream a few days ago. It is weird how real they seem. I too realized in my dream that I blew my sobriety and would have to confess on SR. Good work making it to 15 days. Rooting for ya!
Old 12-28-2014, 11:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 15 is fantastic Jayman!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 12-28-2014, 11:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great job on pushing through Jay. Around 2 weeks, I had a similar dream that I drank and actually woke up feeling hungover - very bizarre. Hasn't happened since though. Keep up the good work!