Notices

help please...

Old 08-11-2004, 06:28 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
greeneyedjul

gooch???

jeez gooch...you do get around! I owe it to this program and to all in the fellowship...rekindled that spark and for that I'm eternally grateful. By the way, I believe in balance, all work and no play makes juls a dull blonde!
Old 08-11-2004, 06:31 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by greeneyedjul
jeez gooch...you do get around!
Don't ever tell him there's a decent sled for sale out your way...
Old 08-11-2004, 09:44 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Coming in late on your thread Juls...... just wanted to quietly say

Yaaaaaaaay for Day 5!!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2004, 09:46 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

CLC..... belated welcome to SR!
Old 08-11-2004, 11:16 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
greeneyedjul

I won't mention it too loudly Moot it's actually DAY 6 and now practically DAY7...tomorrow is ONE WEEK
Old 08-12-2004, 10:05 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
greeneyedjul

One week....

Those little if's....like if I had never left the tables, or if I had turned back to the tables when I noticed something was amiss like those tell tale signs that told me I could no longer handle the drugs and the alcohol or if I hadn't had so much to drink last week which caused me to loose a wonderful relationship...cunning, baffling and powerful...that is my eneny and the other enemy is me... getting stuck in the if's and the bleakness and dispair they hold for me which if I let them, could suck me back down into the gloom......so, I've still got that 24 hour coin on my tongue...the one that will never melt, I've got a promise that if I do the steps in honesty and as thoroughly as I can do them I my life will change in a good way, I've got my sponser and the people who bring their experience, strength and hope and I've got the mistakes that I can let suck me back down into those old habits OR I can choose to look at the lessons those mistakes have given me, taKe the good I have learned from them, drop the rest including beating myself up about it all, and walk (ride) on ahead.....walking and riding into a joyous and happy future knowing the freedom that I have found I need not give away anymore. Bless you all.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:36 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

heh jul
mackat here. Gettin some time in recovery. Needin to hear your story. Easy for me to get complacent- ESPECIALLY when i am in THE relationship!
So
Tomorrow i ride over Independence pass. Once again remember how truly blessed i am to be doing this clean. doing this sober. I'll do business like i'm a grown up. I'll catch a meeting. Notice the wildflowers. Talk to the elk. remember to breathe.
return with the sun on my back.
thanks for your message
mackat
Old 08-12-2004, 08:52 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
greeneyedjul

hey mackat...

These forums saved my behind one week ago after being a complacent peabrain for several years. I guess this is good therapy for me, getting honest with my feelings and giving me an avenue of expression that fuels my fire for my recovery. I'm so glad that you are keeping watch on my wandering writings. I'm glad the share is thought provoking. Keep me honest though if anything I write rattles a cage! I'm learning some wonderful things from the people here,gaining ESH everyday I enter these forums. I guess we just keep it working, keep on reading and keep on coming back. Have a good ride...there is always something interesting, something that touches the soul, something beautiful that emerges in the wandering...just keep you eyes peeled for those idiots!
Old 08-13-2004, 11:06 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
greeneyedjul

wowzer....8! 8888888888...8! wowzer......

It's day 8. For the big week 1, I went out and bought another helmet to celebrate. Sure beat getting stupid loaded. I was also able to purchase a new pair of sunglasses that will protect against the wind which brings tears which can make it darn hard to see, which is pretty important when you are out there on the road, even if you are in the back seat still. There is the possibility of a new job in the works for a bit more money and recovery friends keep dropping by, standing viligent watch on their sister, ready to move in with encouragement if the need be. Yeah, I'm in that pink cloud, yet I've got my feet firmly planted on mother earth. I also know there will be "down times", I know there will be neutral times...that's just life. The rollar coaster doesn't have to suck me up and spit me out dazed and confused. I've got my seat belt on, starting to work those steps again, staying in touch with all the right people in the right places and I'm ready for the ride! You all have a great day, and if you think you can't, think again, read these forums and get back up and get going. The tools we are given won't do any good at all unless we pick them up and start using them. Got mine out of the shed and am starting to work the rust off. What condition are your tools in?
Old 08-17-2004, 05:13 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
greeneyedjul

13...lucky number....13 one day at a time...

I'm still here. I'm still working it. :stups: Doesn't mean it is easy. Every time I get the urge, I think of why I don't want to anymore .

Still going to meetings and have connected with clean and sober riders. Have a new sticker on my helmet that really gets people to laughing...clean and crazy.

Just got back from a long ride, enjoyed the sites, met some good people, ate good food, will go to a meeting tonight and catch my sponser up on my latest adventures.

You all are the greatest, that's one of the reasons I keep coming back
Old 08-17-2004, 05:28 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Congrads on your 13 days and your brand new attitude !!
Old 08-17-2004, 05:31 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Paused

You Go Juls!!!! Take the world by Storm. It's yours you know...well you may have to share a little bit, with me. Deal?

Take care,
Talia
Old 08-17-2004, 05:40 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
greeneyedjul

Well, had to take my attitude in for an adjustment 13 days ago...it's never tooooo late for that adjustment and am always tweeking it. One of my windsurfing buddy'scame up with the slogan Attitude Is Everthing. An adjusted attitude keeps me clean and sober. Thanks for all the encouragement and as for sharing???? As far as I can determine, there is room enough here for everybody! Today is a good day to live and be free.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:00 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
greeneyedjul

2 weeks and 1 day= freedom one more 24

I think I've been having tooooo much fun here.... Found some other forums and have neglected this place. Was reading through my first few days...was that me????? 15 days...not all easy, yet not too bad. I keep visiting this site daily, stay in touch with my sponser and get to meetings. Went to a rally last night, got in at 0100 and am up and at it this AM with no hangover or leftover feelings of guilt...just remembering a way too much fun time, with friends who are "normies" (whatever that is) who took good care of me and kept my glass of sparkling water and lemon full. Thanks guys, lot's of H2o and several trips to the bathroom in combination with being fully decked out in leathers...don't think I could have managed that one any way but sober!
Anyway, you all rock and I've got to get my rear in gear yet wanted to say a prayer for you all on these sites and sending you all some loving energy, healing energy and just plain old energy to keep us all on this wonderful road of freedom.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:27 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Old 08-19-2004, 09:39 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
greeneyedjul

miraclen...you are such a sweetie...thanks!
Old 08-19-2004, 12:46 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Castaway