Notices

Boredom / Sadness

Old 12-27-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am definitely in that phase and crying at a drop of a hat. I feel semi ok one hour, in the dumps the next. I did force myself to go the grocery store today, even though I say in the parking lot for 30 mins prior, them drove to a different grocery store because the anxiety was just too high. I think I need to tell my doc, but haven't done so yet because I don't want to admit that I am an addict. Telling my husband is probably out of the question. He has a no sympathy attitude and probably wouldn't put up with any BS. I'm afraid if he knows, and I mess up again, it will end our marriage. I don't feel strongly yet that I'm in the clear. I haven't actively been seeking, but I haven't been able to cut ties with my sources either.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lasha View Post
I am definitely in that phase and crying at a drop of a hat. I feel semi ok one hour, in the dumps the next. I did force myself to go the grocery store today, even though I say in the parking lot for 30 mins prior, them drove to a different grocery store because the anxiety was just too high. I think I need to tell my doc, but haven't done so yet because I don't want to admit that I am an addict. Telling my husband is probably out of the question. He has a no sympathy attitude and probably wouldn't put up with any BS. I'm afraid if he knows, and I mess up again, it will end our marriage. I don't feel strongly yet that I'm in the clear. I haven't actively been seeking, but I haven't been able to cut ties with my sources either.
it is Normal and it WILL Pass.. you can be drug free if you want to be Lasha.. if I can do it anyone can. make sure to talk to your Doctor Honestly about the Addiction..
Old 12-28-2014, 10:52 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey Lasha,

For me I needed to look at things as a long term project, alcohol being my addiction, I didn't feel better, that I was making progress or have stronger sober muscles for months, it wasn't days as it took me years of drinking to get me to the place of quitting.

It's important that your expectations are realistic, as there are going to be rough days and turning back may look attractive because you feel there's not much progress being made, but with each day there is progress whether it's physically/mentally tangible or not.

Hang in there, you can do this!!
Old 12-29-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Just a little update. I've noticed there are several other members that are about exactly where I am. Hopefully this will be a little encouragement! Today is day 5, and surprisingly I feel okay!
Old 12-29-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Just a little update. I noticed there were several other members that are exactly where I'm at, day 2-5 off opiates. Maybe this will be a little encouragement. Day 5 and I feel pretty good! Had some mild hot flashes early this morning, but emotionally have felt more leveled today. The afternoon has become a little more melancholy, but nothing like the past few days. I'm not dreading the future, not even work tomorrow. Heads up... The break for you others beside me is near !