Notices

First day...

Old 12-26-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's great to meet you Raven. I know you'll find the help and support you're needing. This is an amazing place, filled with people who understand. I hope it all works out with your job.
Old 12-26-2014, 06:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome, Raven. I hope you haven't lost your job, too. Whatever the outcome, keep posting, won't you? There might be the tendency to forget quickly the downward spiral especially when you find the job is safe!
Old 12-26-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!
Old 12-26-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Inchworm View Post
Welcome, Raven. I hope you haven't lost your job, too. Whatever the outcome, keep posting, won't you? There might be the tendency to forget quickly the downward spiral especially when you find the job is safe!
Thank you. Me too, I go back to work tomorrow but Monday is when all the big chiefs are in, so we shall see & only hope. I am sorry if you lost your job. Whether the Job is safe or not I will not spiral down. I am done with the hangovers, the cheap thrills of being buzzed, the death feeling lingering days after, the constant need to entertain myself when reading and relaxing naturally isn't working, the dreaded feelings of looking into my wallet or my cell phone the next day, the swollen eyes from crying about something that has not be fully processed emotionally, the negative thoughts that come to surface when I am annihilated, the disappointment & guilt I feel inside from drinking, the lost years of my 20s & late teen years, I don't want to look and feel 30 years older than I really am, if I keep up with the binging I will. My body gets used to regenerating it's system & I don't drink for a week, then it's a binger and setting my body back into shock. I used to almost drink daily for 8 years, then thought "cutting back" would be healthier. Obvisoubly not. Tired of it. Been doing that cutting back thing with the binging for a year and half now.
I would tell myself early in the week I won't drink this weekend, and I did, I was worried I would drink this weekend & I did. I miss the weekends I have off of truly relaxing, watching movies, taking bubble baths ordering out nice food; there has not been many of those at all this year. Last one I had was 3 weeks ago when I had an infection not alcohol related. I enjoyed that weekend, despite being sick & actually needing off of work then. I am happy now this crappy red wine hangover is almost over, and I can start to breathe again. I'm so tired & really hope I can sleep well tonight, since we all know how great of sleep we get when we drink... Not.. I am truly grateful to come across this site today & glad I paid the .99 cents for the phone app
Old 12-26-2014, 07:04 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm glad you found this site. Welcome here. That's a right decision you made. It's time to have changed and a better life now.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:12 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey Raven im only a day ahead of where you are now and im feeling much more **** to normal, and being able to eat more. Also was able to run. Seemed like i was feeling like crap the 3rd night and woke uip feeling like a new man. Just hang in there you will get it.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:32 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Welcome Raven!
Old 12-26-2014, 08:10 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by clayton621 View Post
Hey Raven im only a day ahead of where you are now and im feeling much more **** to normal, and being able to eat more. Also was able to run. Seemed like i was feeling like crap the 3rd night and woke uip feeling like a new man. Just hang in there you will get it.
I can't wait for that feeling tomorrow to waking up feeling like a new woman saying to myself wth happened?! Finally the physical aftermath will be over, it's just sticking with it & constantly reminding myself why I want to live sober & to my fullest potential. I hope to get some good long sleep tonight & hope you do too.
Old 12-26-2014, 08:30 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Tomorrow is day 3 for me, the first few days are hell. My red wine hangovers don't last for days, but the shame does. I've started calling them shameovers.
Best wishes to you xoxo
Old 12-27-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Welcome Ravensparkles

Well, you're doing better than I did -I'm 52 , and only been sober 11 weeks.

Pat yourself on the back for doing it now !
Old 12-27-2014, 06:24 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
Tomorrow is day 3 for me, the first few days are hell. My red wine hangovers don't last for days, but the shame does. I've started calling them shameovers.
Best wishes to you xoxo
I call them moral hangovers. Same here. Day 3 here
Old 12-27-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by riig View Post

Moral hangovers - awesome phrase.
Old 12-27-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JanieJ View Post
Welcome Ravensparkles Well, you're doing better than I did -I'm 52 , and only been sober 11 weeks. Pat yourself on the back for doing it now !
Thank you, and congrats on your journey so far into it. I finally got some sleep but am waking up with massive anxiety I think mainly from the job situation, I am scheduled to work today but my place of business is known to terminate an employee after their weekend to work & weeks after an occurrence of an absence. I emptied out & threw away 4 diff wine bottles & woke up to power clean to work off my nerves. I did sweat a lot thru the night which I hope was the rest of the toxins from Wednesdays binger... I know this will be a tough journey ahead due to binging & knowing I am on a few egg shells left at my job if I don't lose it. I've worked so hard to get back on my feet again & have majorly slipped with the drinking. I am happy I let that part go, usually when my nerves are shot I have a drink but not today! I wish you all a blessed, strong last weekend of 2014! <3
Old 12-27-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by riig View Post
I like those phrases because they are so true!
Old 12-28-2014, 06:41 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

How are today.. Still holding strong ?
Old 12-28-2014, 09:31 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lasha View Post
How are today.. Still holding strong ?
Yes still going strong! I have been sleeping 12 hours the last 2 days & working my job I hope I don't lose this week. I have to work New Year's Eve Til 11pm & plan to come home have something nice to eat, watch fire works at midnight & sleep, hoping for great year ahead & for everyone else here. Otherwise I'm doing good so far. I am sure the temptation of poison will be coming on strong this weekend since I am a binger & hoping it goes away & i can really focus on something else productive & healthy.
I think I can. When all else fails I suppose I can just sleep. Happy New Years to you
Old 12-28-2014, 09:56 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

You're doing great, RavenSparkles! Keep going!
Old 12-28-2014, 10:59 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I feel for you, I've been there myself, self loathing is part of being sick from the alcohol but you'll get better and you will get over it. Things will look up. Welcome, there's always someone here to listen. Take care
Old 12-29-2014, 10:21 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zeppodog View Post
I feel for you, I've been there myself, self loathing is part of being sick from the alcohol but you'll get better and you will get over it. Things will look up. Welcome, there's always someone here to listen. Take care
Thank you I needed to hear that part about self loathing. I'm feeling good today & hope you are too
Old 12-29-2014, 10:21 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RevivingOphelia View Post
You're doing great, RavenSparkles! Keep going!
Thank you