Notices

"Just another day"

Old 12-24-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile "Just another day"

Just wanted to pop in here on this Christmas eve, wanted to wish every1 a very merry christmas.

Before you ask, yes, i'm still sober and no slip ups to date (last drink February 17, 2014)

Normally around this time of the evening i'd already be on my 5th or 6th drink - like most people i always over-indulged on the "special" occasions of which Christmas is one. I admit, the Christmas music everywhere brings back those nostalgic holiday-season drinking memories, but that's about all - they are just memories.

Anyways, today has been a lazy sober day for me, it seems no one is around even from my internet friend's list..... understandable since people are taking time away from their computers and alter egos to spend time w/ those they care about.

I'm here on my bed with my laptop, just doing random internet stuff to keep myself entertained, and chatting with far-away friends. I don't have much planned at this point for the remainder of the year, for all intents and purposes my 2014 has been "wrapped up". I expect the new year to be a busy one, but these waning hours of 2014 will be rather lazy and un-eventful i predict.

That's all for now, i'll see you all on the other side and i'm looking forward to my 1 year anniversary this upcoming February!

On a side note and just out of curiosity, how are you all spending today and tommorrow? I'd like to hear how you are keeping busy, as obviously the holidays are full of temptation @ social and family gatherings, so i imagine many of you have adjusted your plans at least somewhat in accordance with the increased relapse risk that comes with this time of year.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy holidays Grubby

D
Old 12-24-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas, grubby.

Congratulations on 10+ months of sobriety.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thank you grubby. You're doing great.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Im watching midnight mass on bbc 1

i was offered around 3-4 drinks until my gf family seen i was not drinking

Im looking forward to the food lol

Merry christmas and good on you for 10/11 months sober
Old 12-24-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've already had about as much of my family as I can take! After dinner and the opening of presents tonite I plan to watch my favorite Xmas movie (Die Hard!) and I'm going to the theater to see a couple movies on Xmas day.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Happy Xmas Grubby!!