Notices

12 step call

Old 12-26-2014, 12:07 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

the way i learned to and grew with 12th step work was by practising in aa meetings

my sponsor told me to go to the meetings and listen out for anyone who shares or looks in pain
he would say go over to them and just talk to them give them your ears and time

of course i went around on some sort of crusade in early days, as i was full of aa enthusiasm
inside of me i was feeling what on earth do i know how to help anyone ? i dont know it all like many others in aa seemed like they knew so much more than me

but the answer is i know all about me so its only about me i can share with a new comer, this gives the new comer hope and shows them the most important thing and its there not on there own anymore
there are others like them who think like them react like them on and on it goes

today 10 years on i still do my part in aa i sitll listen out to who is in pain in the meetings and i give them my time
it might not help them but normaly it does they soon go away with a smile on there faces or with a better idea of what to do next etc just the very act of them talking they get there own answers without me being an expert on them etc

i have learned to much from my efforts but the one thing i have come to understand is just how so valuable the 12th step really is

its a shame not many in aa get to work this step as the freedom from self it gives is just so powerful

but keep on going the way your going cow girl dont take things personal if people carry on drinking that is up to them but just be there for them if they ever need you dont force yourself onto anyone as i see a lot of sponsors keep tight hold of there sponsees

they go the same meetings all the time and listen and guide what the people can say and thats not good at all

i am as free as a bird in aa my sponsor is there for me 24 / 7 should i need him he texts me once a day just asking how i am and i love that man with all my heart as he has helped me so so much over all the years

end of speech sorry i go on and on at times lol

good luck to you and learn as you grow
Old 12-26-2014, 03:39 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by desypete View Post
the way i learned to and grew with 12th step work was by practising in aa meetings

my sponsor told me to go to the meetings and listen out for anyone who shares or looks in pain
he would say go over to them and just talk to them give them your ears and time

of course i went around on some sort of crusade in early days, as i was full of aa enthusiasm
inside of me i was feeling what on earth do i know how to help anyone ? i dont know it all like many others in aa seemed like they knew so much more than me

but the answer is i know all about me so its only about me i can share with a new comer, this gives the new comer hope and shows them the most important thing and its there not on there own anymore
there are others like them who think like them react like them on and on it goes

today 10 years on i still do my part in aa i sitll listen out to who is in pain in the meetings and i give them my time
it might not help them but normaly it does they soon go away with a smile on there faces or with a better idea of what to do next etc just the very act of them talking they get there own answers without me being an expert on them etc

i have learned to much from my efforts but the one thing i have come to understand is just how so valuable the 12th step really is

its a shame not many in aa get to work this step as the freedom from self it gives is just so powerful

but keep on going the way your going cow girl dont take things personal if people carry on drinking that is up to them but just be there for them if they ever need you dont force yourself onto anyone as i see a lot of sponsors keep tight hold of there sponsees

they go the same meetings all the time and listen and guide what the people can say and thats not good at all

i am as free as a bird in aa my sponsor is there for me 24 / 7 should i need him he texts me once a day just asking how i am and i love that man with all my heart as he has helped me so so much over all the years

end of speech sorry i go on and on at times lol

good luck to you and learn as you grow
sorry i got your name mixed up its countrygirl not cow girl lol sorry about that
Old 12-27-2014, 08:19 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Lol...I got a kick out of cowgirl. We have those too so it works

Jennifer