Notices

Twas the day before the day before Xmas

Old 12-23-2014, 08:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Magsie

I wanna live where the fuel is cheap.
Old 12-24-2014, 01:17 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It looks like it will be a wet Christmas! It rained and rained- for two days. The weather service said it would change to snow but instead it stopped altogether. Which suits me fine, frankly speaking. Snow and white Christmases are highly overrated IMO.

I cut and seasoned a big ol' prime rib and stuck it the fridge for tomorrow. I salt/dry-brine it to dry the surface a bit to get a good browning. Tomorrow I will season it a bit more and crust it with garlic, then into the oven. Most of the holidays I have to do the cooking but prime rib is one of the easiest things to make and everyone goes nuts for it.

As an atheist I find "Christmas spirit" to be a variable nebulous thing. Generally I like the holidays since everyone kind of sets aside everything to get together. Back when I drank I disliked the holidays since it tended to cut into my drinking time too much. But now I find them to be pleasant. Somehow though this Xmas kind of "snuck up" on me. I'm not really ready and it doesn't feel much like Christmas. But I suppose once I get the Christmas music playing and the gifts laid out it will seem more cheery.

I will be on SR on and off on the 24th and 25th, but let me say in advance Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all!