SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   6 months sober... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/354209-6-months-sober.html)

Foolsgold186 12-22-2014 02:48 AM

6 months sober...

Hi all,

Tomorrow (23rd December) marks 180 days of being sober. 6 freaking months, I cant believe it.

On the start of my journey I was depressed, anxious, hated...no, wait despised myself. Drinking, lying about my drinking, worrying about how I could drink, where I would get it from, how to hide it, feeling guilt was my life....it was exausting! Every. Single. Day. I was tired, I really thought I'd given up on myself, I couldnt fight this anymore. This was who I was and what I was to become. I would die a drunk. I tried to get sober so many times, for my family, friends.....I expected sobriety to be handed to me on a lovely shiny silver plate. I couldnt work for it, it was poor me who had the problem....people needed to help me!!!!

Then one day I'd had enough. That was genuinely it. I was tired of fighting to stay drunk!

Its been a hard journey, I craved drink initially, was angry A LOT! Resented people that could drink "normally" and generally tried to think of a million reasons to pick up a drink, but day by day things got better. My family had hope, relationships at first strained improved, I could hold my head high in work and feelings I had of loathing turned to pride for myself.

Everyday is hard, but life is day and night to what it was. I'm the daughter, sister, girlfriend, niece, cousin, sister in law, auntie, friend I should have been. And soon I'll be the mother I hope I will be when my baby arrives in May 15. My miracle from getting sober.

When your an alcoholic life can seem full of despair but it doesnt have to be. It can be hope and love and all the things I've gained in 6 short months.

Please if your new or trying to be sober please give it a chance. Give yourself a chance.#

Wishing everyone well.

L x

Marcher13 12-22-2014 02:56 AM

6 months. One thing you are not is a Fool. :D

Dee74 12-22-2014 02:59 AM

congratulations foolsgold :)

D

Soberwolf 12-22-2014 03:02 AM

Well done Foolsgold 6 months is fantastic

HeadLump 12-22-2014 03:17 AM

So, so proud and happy for you, Foolsgold. That's just brilliant! :c014: :c014: :c014:

Thepatman 12-22-2014 03:55 AM

WOW! Thanks for taking the time to inspire us!

LBrain 12-22-2014 03:57 AM

congrats on six months

charleesavedme 12-22-2014 04:02 AM

Congratulations on six months and on your baby! Thank you for posting.

advbike 12-22-2014 04:03 AM

Great job on six months! Wait until you see what happens in the next six months..

sprout50 12-22-2014 05:29 AM

Way to go! Congrats!

24hrsAday 12-22-2014 05:45 AM

6 months is HUGE! congrats! :You_Rock_

joyfullysober 12-22-2014 07:16 AM

6 months is huge. Good job!

Congratulations on the baby.

I never forget your joke about planting the garden. Hillarious..

Lance40 12-22-2014 07:18 AM

Congrats at 6 months! Your post is so inspiring. My heart feels warm, and my day just got brighter.

Midwest1981 12-22-2014 07:25 AM

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story!! God is so good!

Alchemist1978 12-22-2014 08:48 AM

Great Job. We are looking up to you, especially in early sobriety!

ccam1973 12-22-2014 08:54 AM

Great job on 6 months FG! Huge accomplishment!

Plure 12-22-2014 10:02 AM

Great job on the six months!! :)

PurpleKnight 12-22-2014 10:33 AM

Fantastic!! :You_Rock_

sydneyman 12-22-2014 10:42 AM

That is fantastic! Congratulations. I am almost sober 1 month but can relate to your journey. I was a horrible person when drunk and I would drink so much. Everything evolved around drinking. On weekends I could start as soon as I was out of bed. I hid my drinking from my partner. I used to drink while he was still sleeping and would be drunk by 9-10am and have to have my first "nap". I have given him a terrible life (together for 25 years) really. I eventually hit rock bottom and decided enough is enough. If I want to live this has to stop. I haven't had a drink since that day. I know it is only a month but it is huge for me. I am changing back to the person I used to be. I am no longer angry, spiteful, depressed etc...I was initially afraid of sobriety now I embrace it. I just hope that I stay on this road that I have chosen and that I have the strength to keep going. This holiday season is the biggest test for me. I will have to take it day by day. I will be so proud when I wake up on January 1 and have not touched a drop op that poison. Merry Christmas to you and a sober and happy New Year!!

sydneyman 12-22-2014 10:43 AM

That is fantastic! Congratulations. I am almost sober 1 month but can relate to your journey. I was a horrible person when drunk and I would drink so much. Everything evolved around drinking. On weekends I could start as soon as I was out of bed. I hid my drinking from my partner. I used to drink while he was still sleeping and would be drunk by 9-10am and have to have my first "nap". I have given him a terrible life (together for 25 years) really. I eventually hit rock bottom and decided enough is enough. If I want to live this has to stop. I haven't had a drink since that day. I know it is only a month but it is huge for me. I am changing back to the person I used to be. I am no longer angry, spiteful, depressed etc...I was initially afraid of sobriety now I embrace it. I just hope that I stay on this road that I have chosen and that I have the strength to keep going. This holiday season is the biggest test for me. I will have to take it day by day. I will be so proud when I wake up on January 1 and have not touched a drop op that poison. Merry Christmas to you and a sober and happy New Year!!:a122: