Notices

Stay Sober Holiday Week Here! Dec 22-28th

Old 12-22-2014, 05:50 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I like the hash slinging slasher episode.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:52 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

And the cookie in the pocket episode. That was funny. But it am chuckling again at Patrick asking "Who are you people?!"
Old 12-22-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Well it looks like rain for xmas here. Next three days rain, rain, rain.
Made think of one of my favorite all time song and dance sequences.

Hope everyone is doin okay.

Old 12-22-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by petals View Post
I'm in! Gonna be my first sober Christmas for quite some time. .. will be checking in often.
Me too, Petals! First sober Christmas in a long time....at least that's my plan!!
Old 12-22-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I like those Amish noodles Ruby..I put them in my chicken noodle soup...sounds better than rice to me with pot roast. I had pizza at a birthday party...left before the cake.
Kind of a boring day. Errands and a few hours of work. I'm trying to enjoy the season, but it's kinda crazy with lots of traffic and people rushing here and there. I mainly want to stay home and watch old movies on tv, drink hot chocolate, and eat comfort food. I have gone from being petrified of being alone to loving it. Although I am never alone cause my dogs are with me.
Well. .i can't complain. My life is pretty good and I need to throw the pity pot out the window for once and for all.
Gonna go watch the end of Romeo and Juliet. Catchya later.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:59 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hola from the South Caribbean folks! Glad you started this thread! Yesterday I took a 4am flight from Guatemala to San Jose, and spent the day in the city. Nice day. This morning I was up early again and took a little Cessna to an outpost here on the border of Panama. The flight had just 12 seats, a real small old clunker, and it only was 35 minutes. I think it was the only flight I've ever taken that I wished was longer! Check out a few of the aerials I took over the Costa Rican rainforest and farmlands on my flight:

Old 12-22-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hello all you holidayers! I hope you're off to a great sober start and having a great evening!

I am checking in. I am watching the Broncos versus Bengals game right now, with the Broncos doing horribly, while drinking vanilla dandelion tea. The tea is good. The game...not so much.

I saw this commercial while watching the game and instantly thought of the sober bus. You can even see soberwolf riding right on top!

Ruby-I forgot about Nicole on Amazing World of Gumball. She is pretty awesome. I still remember the episode where Richard couldn't say no and had a whole bunch of strangers come over. Eventually they clear out once she deals with one of them. The noodles sound wonderful and hearty.

CSM-Chinese food sounds tasty, but I don't think a Chinese eatery is open around here on Christmas. I think I am going to pick up a ham or a pork loin tomorrow. I hope you get the job.

Ruby and Gilmer-I also loved the Sponge Bob episode where Sponge Bob thought Gary was leaving him for Patrick due to the cookie. I am not sure if I saw the hash slinging episode.

Jerri-I hope you are able to get everything done even without all your coworkers.

Weasel-maybe all the people in Exodus had access to the ab roller?
I don't think I'll be seeing that movie after your description and will wait for the dvd like Tonks.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Whaaaaat? No Infinity tonight Strat?
Old 12-22-2014, 07:52 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tonks View Post
Whaaaaat? No Infinity tonight Strat?
I would be most likely playing infinity right now if the Broncos hadn't managed to come back. They're ahead by 1 pt!
Old 12-22-2014, 07:59 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

We're All Bozos On This Bus

Poifect, Strategery!

'I saw this commercial while watching the game and instantly thought of the sober bus. You can even see soberwolf riding right on top!'

I instantly thought the same thing when I saw that hilarious Commercial. Looks to me like the same Software used to create 'South Park', and some other such Vid bits.

Go Doncos!

-----
Old 12-22-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

HaF, The pot roast and noodles were good! Better than rice. I do like rice if I make Italian beef. I pour the leftover au jus over the rice.

The bus is great! Is that a pink hockey stick? Or is it purple for PK? I like the Viking hat although my Scandinavian ancestors were probably turnip farmers or something. I should ask my grandfather while I have the chance. He may know.

Cool pics BigS! My hanks for sending them along.

It's raining here too and the temperature is supposed to climb all night. Forty seven tomorrow. Hmm. Well, I'm not complaining. Snow is a pain in the neck.

Time to go to bed soon. Work work work. I still don't know how I'm going to swing wrapping the gifts. I will figure it out.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:21 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Tree. And clutter.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:48 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Lovely Christmas tree, Ruby.
It looks like every ornament has a story.

There is a cat happily purring on my arm and a dog on the foot of my bed. Cheesy holiday shows on the tv. It is a good night.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:00 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, from a lovely (but cold) morning in the North East of Scotland.

Hi Asmith - I'm so determined this time. We can do this, one day at a time. Day 3 for me - you're so right - day 3, is better than day 1 & 2.

One of DD's friends has an ice-skating party in town this afternoon - looking forward to it - might have a wee skate & get some last minute shopping.

Have a great day everyone.

xxxxx
Old 12-23-2014, 01:18 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I came, I saw, I stay sober.
Old 12-23-2014, 02:30 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Great job tang!

BogS.... Keep the images coming! Love to see! Thought that's a mighty small plane. Yikes!

ASmith.. Welcome to SR and the holiday thread!

Nice tree Ruby!

Nice to see you Miss Olive!

First day off of my vacation. I seldom have this many days off. I don't consider this a vacation. The holidays ruin my time to be my time... Well ruin might be a harsh word. So much for sleeping in. My inner weasel always knows the time.

Gym is all I have planned. We shall see.

K
Old 12-23-2014, 02:42 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Tang View Post
I came, I saw, I stay sober.
vini, vidi, novino
Old 12-23-2014, 03:59 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

It's raining here in Minnesota, too, shockingly. Wet and muddy, no snow, no winter activities, but it won't last, high of 6 predicted next week. Can't take the dog out for another 6 weeks, had to fire up my old treadmill to burn off the Christmas indulgences.

Welcome, a smith! Good going, Shenzy and Tang!

Non, Weasel, Strategery, Ruby, Olive, Gilmer, Mesa, BigS, Tonks, SWolf, LBrain all appear to be on Santas good boys and girls list, what do you think you'll find under the tree Christmas morning?
Old 12-23-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Day 2... feeling a little down about that, but then again 2 days sober is better than none.

Had a little over a month sober, longest I ever have gone. I know I can do this.
Old 12-23-2014, 04:18 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

Hello all,

BigS - Thanks so much for the pictures. Beautiful places. As Weasel said, keep 'em coming.

Strat - I love the commercial! I had to look up Disney Infinity because I didn't know what what that was. It looks like a lot of fun!

Love the tree, Ruby!

It's a great way to start the day reading through everyone's posts. I need to get ready for work now, but I'll check in later.