Notices

Stay Sober Holiday Week Here! Dec 22-28th

Old 12-25-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

I'm depressed but making it through Christmas with the family. My jaw and joint pain has been awful but better to deal with it sober. Hoping I can try some new medicines in the near future, I'm struggling.

Merry Christmas everyone, things will get better.
Old 12-25-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Hola folks. Power was out in town most of the day and thus so was the Internet. Cloudy and rainy today, though still very warm, and I'll head to the beach in a bit.

Getting hungry! I was invited to a meal yesterday by the owners of the little cafe next door...but I'm not sure what exact time they plan on serving dinner. Will it not be until 8pm? Should I eat a big meal now to make sure I'm not hungry later? Did they maybe forget about the invite all together? Should I casually tell them I am grabbing dinner on my own to avoid any awkwardness?

These are the type of things I worry about, LOL. It's great to be not worrying about booze! On the other hand, I wish I could just chill out and act like a normal person for once instead always having my guard up!
Old 12-25-2014, 12:24 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Christmas cooking performance is over … 2 1/2 hour turkey … spuds , stuffing , pigs in blankets , brussel sprouts , peas , cabbage .. took about 3 hours to cook and about 1/2 hour to demolish …

Mex-m8 had his dinner too …

phoned the auntie .. tried my dad ..

Am now back in my room with the x-box and some comedy on the telly 20:08

Phew ! performance over even if was only for 3 adults .

Sober and in the fortress against alcohol (bed)

Later , m
Old 12-25-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Binimiblue I love the deer photo-
Mesaman I love your dog-
A betterSunday tomorrow will be better.
I'm just waking up from a nap and the ham smells good. I walked 6 miles this morning which I am happy about. I'd better get the meal organized...
ruby, are you going over the meadows and through the woods to grandma's? Enjoy!
See you all later.
Old 12-25-2014, 01:01 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Do your best

Merry christmas everyone
Old 12-25-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

For you video gamers out there, it appears Xbox Live and PSN are both completely down. Kind of a bad thing for those who use video games as an outlet. Fortunately Steam on PC seems just fine!
Old 12-25-2014, 01:10 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

This makes the 4th Christmas in a row that I am sober. everyone.

Old 12-25-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Congrats neferkamichael!! That's Fantastic!

Just back from dinner out. It was ok but expensive. Glad to be home.

Morning... gym and getting a good workout in. Shins still hurt but trying to nurse them.

Might watch the interview on netflix. Heard that was available today.
Old 12-25-2014, 03:44 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Great stuff Nefer!!
Old 12-25-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Congrats Nefer! What an accomplishment!

This marks my 3rd sober Christmas in a row. I am happy to say they have gotten easier....I remember my first sober xMas I was shaking like a leaf trying to help my aunt cut green onions in the kitchen. I was mortified because I'd recently gotten out of treatment, was jobless, and I felt like everything was on eggshells. I'd went from Family Hero to Family Zero (at least in my mind) and I felt like breaking down and crying.

Tonight I'll celebrate with some Costa Rican friends of mine with confidence and no worries. Time DOES heal, folks. People say it all the time because it's true. Just because this xMas might be shaky for some of you newcomers, don't worry...the next Christmases will get easier. Just work on staying sober today, it's the best gift you can give yourself!
Old 12-25-2014, 05:14 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Snooches Nefer! And well done!
Old 12-25-2014, 05:43 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Congratulations nefermichael and bigsombrero on 3 sober Christmas's.
This was #1 for me and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. As a matter of fact, it was the best Christmas I've had in years. Probably because I wasn't crying in my wine glass...but was being grateful instead. And the HAM was sensational.
Gotta work tomorrow and then it's the weekend again.
OK - see you all later.
Old 12-25-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! HaF, we had ham too. Yummy! And we did go over the River and through the woods once we got off the interstate. And to grandpas. Gram has been gone for a while now. Gramps will probably golf tomorrow if the weather is as warm as they said it might be.

Well, it was fun. The kids played nicely together. The adults played nicely together. My son is playing on his skylanders trap team new game system. For a few more seconds. He shouts at it as he gets excited and my husband is trying to go to sleep as he has to get up at 1 a.m. for work.

Well, we got twenty minutes into our hour trip and I realized that I had forgotten the marinated vegetables at home, in the refrigerator. Well, I will bring some to my parents tomorrow when I drop kids off there in the morning. And I now have lunch.

Hang in there everyone. How is everyone doing? Check in. Status report. I'm well. In denial that I have work tomorrow but it's a short day. So, it feels like Friday but it's not.
Old 12-25-2014, 05:59 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Congrats guys!!!

I have also had the best Christmas I have for years. Every time my mom starts on me with her drama, I just raise my hand and say "I don't want to hear it over Christmas". We had a nice day playing cards, and I got some lovely gifts - gloves, perfume and a new camera, because I am thinking of taking up photography as a hobby in the new year.

The next thing is the wedding. My brother is getting married on December 31st and he seems a bit stressed. The two of us were chatting last night and he said to me "what will I do if there is some tension between family members at the wedding"? So I said "don't worry bro, I'll make sure nobody spoils your big day". At this point he burst out laughing and said "MY big day?!! MY big day my ******* ass"!!! Says it all really.

Anyway, Cisco was very relaxed during our card game Happy Christmas guys xx
Attached Images
Old 12-25-2014, 06:14 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Hi all what a wonderful and sober Christmas. Everyone enjoyed their gifts, food was great. I had a brief urge when fiancé had poured himself a glass of red, but he noticed me antsy and switched to Perrier. Sitting watching The Grinch with youngest son and step daughter. Hope all are doing ok . Remember , it's just a day. Tomorrow you will be glad you didn't drink. And if you did, tomorrow will still come and you can start again.
Old 12-25-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Checking in this evening. It's wonderful to hear so many here having wonderful sober Christmases!

Christmas was really nice for us as well. First completely sober Christmas I can remember in quite a long time for both my husband and I. I am thinking it will be the start of many sober Christmases to come. I made food on and off all day. I made a 5 lb pork roast, pumpkin pie, and pecan coconut macaroons. I was watching Secrets of a Restaurant Chef and was inspired by Anne Burrell what to do with one of the giant sweet potatoes I had. We ended up with glorified sweet potato fries spiced with cinnamon. They were so good.
We ended up going on a walk afterwards since it was nice outside, but windy.

Congrats Nefer and BigS on 3 sober Christmases! That is awesome.
Old 12-25-2014, 07:20 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Sounds like a nice day for everyone. Got in from the folks, unloaded the truck. Tired now. Work tomorrow.
Old 12-26-2014, 12:26 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

morning all ,
When i look out the window it looks like another day to get through

I'm glad all the hassle is over, others expectations get lowered again , back to a regular diet ( i start my new regieme tomorrow after the beef in the fridge is eaten ) .

There are rumours of snow in the UK mex-m8 is excited about it and probably wants to go chasing it .. must admit i like snow but as something i look at out of the window whilst i sit by a fire, reading a book drinking tea .

Well my point is , if there is one that it's a new day today … lets do this ,

Bestwishes, m
Old 12-26-2014, 01:15 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Yayyyyy me. I made it through Christmas Day .
Usual family grumbles. ... father in law moaning about people eating the food. ...then moaned at me for not drinking the wine with them as they had some left over. ...usually moans at me for having some cos he wants to drink it....
Kids fell out....all the normal stuff. I had one teary moment but thought of you guys and how it would be a shame to go back to day 1. Fancied a glass back home in the evening but ate choccy instead. ..im out of ice cream.
All in all a good and sober Christmas.
Hope everyone is doing ok.xx

Now to get up cos we do it all over again today. ...some of the same and some different relatives. .... xxx
Old 12-26-2014, 02:38 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Up.... Cats fed... Heading to gym... Attitude check... Still dark out... It gets better...