Notices

Contemplating everything, scary

Old 12-21-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I hadn't had a sober day in yrs upon yrs before this yr. Either alcohol illegal drugs or abusing legal drugs. In one way or another I was messed up every day for yrs. I forgot what life was like sober and was scared of the thought of not having a toke a pull or pop something... you just have to take the plunge.

I hope you find peace in being sober and hope you can get somewhere to get some help before the time to heal has really come and gone to due serious injury or death. If I continued on my path, death would have come sooner rather than later which scared me into attempting me to be sober. I have a young family good career and good life yet still to live... all while being sober.

Please dont pass up another opportunity for in patient. Good luck.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I feel like the lifeboat has rowed right up to you Jeremy but you just won't get into it. Whatever you're afraid of in recovery can't be any worse than the nightmare you're living every day. You have a choice, your life can be better. You can be a father to your little girl, a productive member of society. You can be a husband to your wife and have a real shot at being happy. You can get a measure of peace if you just reach out to grab for it.
Old 12-22-2014, 12:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Jeremy

I speak from a caring place here - but like a lot of other people I am getting weary of this constant roundabout-- for your sake, not mine. I'm at a keyboard, you are the one who is suffering.

You are making it all very complicated when it is actually very simple, very clear- cut
and very real.

You have two choices.

1.Get sober and clean and work on your issues, earn the respect of those you love, and have a chance of inner peace, sanity and purpose.

OR

2.Live the rest of your life in insanity, guilt, fear and pain, with worsening health and no prospect of reprieve. A living hell, in fact.

You can construct as many arguments and explanations and poetic scenarios as you like, but these are the hard cold facts.

Your objections are like candy floss in the face of sulphuric acid.

Get real, my friend.
Old 12-22-2014, 12:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It boiled down to this for me...

Question : Do you want to IMPROVE your life?

My Answer : Yes

I'm doing WHATEVER is required/recommended to get there.

It's so worth it. But i DID have to attempt new things/situations. They were out of my comfort zone...And some were definitely uncomfortable.

But are they improving my day to day life?

Answer : YES