Notices

just another day minus the booze

Old 12-20-2014, 03:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

just another day minus the booze

I've been trying to stay positive but today sucks. Today makes sobriety seem over rated. I want to stay sober so im being honest here. Today I would have liked to check into a motel with a big ass bottle of tequila and been alone. I hate these thoughts. I know its all a lie. It wouldn't make me happy but im losing my damn mind. I hate everything. But.... feelings are feelings and this will pass. Right?!
Old 12-20-2014, 03:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It will totally pass. Do something to get your mind off of it. Go for a nice walk? Maybe go grab an early dinner at a place that doesnt sell alcohol? Go to an icecream parlor that doesnt sell booze. Most of all dont sit around and think. Get out and do something. It will help and it will pass.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Hey erin8-

I think they'll pass as well, however it might take a little time. I was not having such a great time myself when I first stopped, and I still have to work on things. However, I can assure you that it does get better.

The one thing, which I've posted a few times before, is I think it's important to reinvent your lifestyle in some way. Simply living the same exact lifestyle, only without alcohol, can make things more difficult for many. (Me big time).

I think once we find other sources of enjoyment and entertainment, the desire to get drunk slowly diminishes.

Also, remember that alcohol abuse is progressive. Sooner or later you will suffer in some way. Be it due to relationship problems, legal problems, work problems, health problems, etc... it will catch up at some point.

You've already taken the first step to a much better you. Now you just have to stay the course!

Lusher
Old 12-20-2014, 05:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Erin drinking isnt going to solve anything it is not the way stick close & lean on us for support in times like these your not alone sorry you feel like this know it will pass

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html
Old 12-20-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I feel ya Erin! I'm having one of those days too! Just don't drink. If that's the only thing you accomplish today then it was a good day! I'm telling myself the same thing today...

I think everyone has bad days...but drinking will make tomorrow a bad day too...so I'm not gonna do it! Hang in there!
Old 12-20-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

x