Notices

I am low, the real me

Old 12-20-2014, 08:32 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Thank you for the honest post, J.

I hope you can make the right choice for yourself, my friend.

I've felt so many emotions regarding your ups and downs, Jeremy --empathy, sadness, happiness, respect, despair, frustration and worry--probably the same as everyone else who is involved in this saga of yours..

But I know that I, and all of us here, are still rooting for you to get well.

Come on. What are you waiting for ?
Old 12-20-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sorry, but I see all of these kind folks trying to help you. God, you are so much like my brother. He is no longer with us. Do you really want to be there?

Come on Jeremy.......you have a daughter.......... suck it up and get help. We all care, but your excuses are getting really old. I have heard it all a million times. I suffer from a MI too.........stop using that as an excuse. Deal with it. Yeah, rehab is scary......but what else are you going to do? You just know better. I would do anything for my son.........I can't believe you won't even try.................................
Old 12-20-2014, 08:51 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thatdeliveryguy View Post
I don't connect often in real life or on here with people. In some ways I fake a persona. I don't want anyone to know me, it hurts being me. The shame is incredible, yes i take myself off my medications so I don't have to face reality.
Well, you could begin interacting here on SR, assuming you don't lose your internet. You're basically a "drive by" thread starter. You post your issue and then move on without replying to anyone on your thread. I don't remember a post you ever made on any thread that I have read other than your own.

I've seen compassion on this site like never before. (You, especially, have gotten a ton of compassion.) I was mostly active here in 2009. Now I mostly read while not logged in. It was a little different back then. It seems different now in a good way. You have received so much compassion on SR. Yet, you throw it away and choose not to build relationships and develop a history with these kind souls who reach out to you.

We all hurt being ourselves at some point in our lives. We must move on from that and not dwell on it. Stop feeling so sorry for yourself. Try to interact with others and thinking about how you can help THEM. By doing that, you will be helping yourself. I'm kinda surprised you haven't figured that out by now. You seem to be a fairly intelligent person.

Thanks for being honest with us. It's a good start so don't f@ck it up by going back to the fake persona you have alluded to being. We now see through the bull-crap.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

what happened since yesterday's post about being committed?
Old 12-20-2014, 09:25 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

As always, prayers for you and your family.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:52 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

The "Ignore" function works very well if someone is annoying you, as well.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:16 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

If this thread, or any posts on it, are bothersome, the Ignore Feature is made for that.

No need to post negative comments.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

to be honest tdg if you do lose your internet conection it might be the best thing in the world for you, as you will have to then get out in the world and try the help that is out there
you remind me so much of me when i was losing everything around me i still couldnt get off the drink and i would kick and scream at how scared i was as i just wanted the world to leave me alone and just provide me with drink so i didnt have to do anything in life other than drink but more and more i lost things till in the end the best thing could ever happen to me
i lost the lot and only then did i go to an aa meeting and i got the help from people there who took me under there wing

for me i had to be ready for that help as i just wasnt interested in any sort of help while i still had a chance to carry on drinking and making fake promises to myself and to everyone else

so i think it could be the best things in the world for you my friend as you will have to do something for youself now

its not meant to be hard on you but just being honest as there is so much help out there for you and one day you will kick youself for not doing it sooner

good luck to you
Old 12-20-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

to be honest tdg if you do lose your internet conection it might be the best thing in the world for you, as you will have to then get out in the world and try the help that is out there
you remind me so much of me when i was losing everything around me i still couldnt get off the drink and i would kick and scream at how scared i was as i just wanted the world to leave me alone and just provide me with drink so i didnt have to do anything in life other than drink but more and more i lost things till in the end the best thing could ever happen to me
i lost the lot and only then did i go to an aa meeting and i got the help from people there who took me under there wing

for me i had to be ready for that help as i just wasnt interested in any sort of help while i still had a chance to carry on drinking and making fake promises to myself and to everyone else
Old 12-20-2014, 12:02 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Molotov Kitty!

I have come to the conclusion with talking to some people in my support group that you have not hit bottom yet TDG.
It appears to be a long way down for you yet. Hope I am wrong.

I wish you luck.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:47 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Oh Jeremy - you're a hard one to figure out. You come here and write eloquent posts that give a window into your intelligence and insight. You receive so much love and support from SR, and I get my hopes up for you at the path that is laid out for you to take. What I don't understand as others have mentioned is that there is very little else from you. Sometimes I am very curious what it would be like to be able to physically see you using SR. I don't think it's any secret to you or anyone else that you have a facility with writing and words, and it's also no secret that whenever you post you get a lot of attention. I sometimes honestly wonder if it's all a game, perhaps even subconscious, for you to post and then sit back to watch the replies pour in - to what end I can't imagine. You say all the right words, but then what comes across is that everything is external and beyond you.

To be really honest, I don't hold out much hope for the TDG persona. I don't think TDG ever will go for help or get better. And maybe TDG knows that too and SR is a way to have a voice on the way out.

Where I do have hope is for the real you that comes out in the lucidity you talk about in this thread. I really hope you can reach out in this moment that you have and take the help that is being offered. It may be your only chance before the darkness closes in around you again, and then who knows how it will go? If the past is any indication, we all kind of know the drill; but one day there won't be any more drill. It will be over for you.

You are in my thoughts and prayers, and I'm sending you all the best vibes that you can find your way to a peace and sobriety.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:30 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

In patient please. Please man please... I dont see you proactively trying to change. I just see post after post after post with words very similar to above. Please man get some real help from people who deal with this every day.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Straight talking is fine, but keep the support constructive please.

Use the ignore function otherwise.

Dee
SR
Old 12-20-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi! Thanks for you honesty, I believe in you.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:16 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Do your best

Jeremy reading that post and having known you for 4 months now that has been your most honest sincere post i have ever seen

Jeremy before seeing this i left a msg on your page all positive

Jeremy my advice is the same make the call brother

i want to know you for years you have a serious amount to offer but first you need to be at your healthiest mentally emotionally & physically healthy

I want you to know if this is the last time i see you for a while that this is for me is your best post ever

I hope you make the right choice J you know what to do

Your not alone
Old 12-21-2014, 04:47 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I hope you'll get into inpatient and get on with it man.

No need for lots of words.

Get to it.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:49 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Straight talking is fine, but keep the support constructive please.

Use the ignore function otherwise.

Dee
SR
This
Old 12-21-2014, 05:50 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
If this thread, or any posts on it, are bothersome, the Ignore Feature is made for that.

No need to post negative comments.
This
Old 12-22-2014, 02:02 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Thinking of your, Jeremy. Hang in there.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:54 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Jeremy at some point you are going to have to accept that you are no different to the rest of us here at SR. Nothing changes until we change.