Notices

Momster hits again!!!

Old 12-18-2014, 04:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Momster hits again!!!

She is now in the States. She and and her boyfriend of 1yr came to spend Christmas in New York. Sounds wonderful but I can't understand why if she is coming to the U.S. she's not coming to see her family (specially her granddaughter). It's so weird because I am relieved a little that I will have two less people here on Christmas, but it hurts me that she rather go to NYC than come here. She lives in another country and we haven't seen her in months and specially since it is Christmas...

I do not feel like drinking over it, specially since my mom hasn't been so supportive, she has just been blah (she has her own issues with booze), so it would be like losing to her...

I don't know. I'm selfish because of my expectations... And I'm discovering it is about everything... Do I have no grounds to be upset? I shouldn't let this bother me, but it does.

Deep breaths.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your sobriety might make her uncomfortable and make her see herself more than she wants to. Don't let anyone steal your joy. Wishing you a blessed and stress free holiday.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The use of "momster" is to use humor. I love her and she was great in other ways but I don't know... Needed to vent.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry Nows maybe next year you 2 could plan a vacation/quality time together in 2015

Old 12-18-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I don't think she even knows that I'm still sober. I stopped telling her my monthly mark after she asked me when was I going to stop counting...

Now that I read my post I feel a little guilty...
Old 12-18-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nowsthetime View Post
The use of "momster" is to use humor. I love her and she was great in other ways but I don't know... Needed to vent.
I figured you did. That's how I read it. We use strange/goofy/funny terms for each other in my family, so it just fit right in. Are we related? LOL!
Old 12-18-2014, 05:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, I think it's understandable that you're upset that your mother is choosing to not see you and your family, especially your granddaughter.

I like SW's idea of planning a vacation with her in the upcoming year.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, I think it's understandable that you're upset that your mother is choosing to not see you and your family, especially your granddaughter.

I like SW's idea of planning a vacation with her in the upcoming year.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm going to see her for her bday bash in a couple of weeks...

I'm just lowering my expectations. I do this to myself. Right now she enjoying Phanthom of the Opera and I'm wasting energy on it. Talking it out empowers me to get a hold of my feelings. I can't vent like this to anyone else.

Thanks guys!