Notices

Dating in Sobriety

Old 12-19-2014, 01:13 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi Tetra,

I was a drinker when I met my boyfriend. I was seriously loud, thought nothing of making an ars* of myself and generally an utter eejit. Since getting sober (close to 6 months) he said its nice to have the real me back. I'm not going to lie and say I'm quiet but I'm more at peace in social situations and dont feel the need to fill in the silent gaps with people that used to get me in a serious state of awkwardness.

Be yourself! He obviously likes you if date number two is already on the cards.

What's worse being a bit quiet or being a lassie that is steaming, slurring and looking eh...well we all know the states we've been in.

Enjoy this time!

Leigh x
Old 12-19-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
Tetra
a) Don't listen to Pat
c) Don't listen to Pat

What she said
Old 12-19-2014, 06:45 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

the story goes somthing like this

we meet somoene, we fall in love the moment we meet them, we can not stop thinking about them and build up such a happy picture on our minds of how every thing will be perfect as there the perfect partner, some even go futher and say god put them in there path

then the real world kicks in, they might fart in bed or pick there nose in front of you all sorts of things start to end up getting on the nerves, the love has soon gone after sex and what is left is to people trying to cope with each others ways

the happy picture of having somone to cuddle up to for the rest of there life changes
feelings start to hurt big time and its this point that either the relationship ends and they leave the alcoholic feeling like life is over and they do what they only know how to do to cope
they drink

this is the wisedom behind the suggestion people give themselves lots of time before even thinking about starting a relationship

many of us have bad behaviors to sort out first before we are let out at large to the dating world although only when we get honest about ourselves will we ever start to see it

when we can see it then we can change it but first off i had to come to see me as the real me and not what i dreamt i would be like if everything went like it should do or as i want it to