SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Help me please (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/35388-help-me-please.html)

sick213 08-05-2004 01:15 PM

Help me please

Oxy addict

minnie 08-05-2004 01:32 PM

Hon, I have no experience to help you, but I'm sure there will be someone along in a minute. They are lovely people here.

(((Big Hugs))) for coming on this site in the first place

Minnie

lulu70 08-05-2004 02:13 PM

Hey there. I don't know much about oxy addiction, either, but I am an addict. Drugs of choice were alcohol and pot. Have you tried posting on the Narcotics Anonymous forum? I am sure there will be more folks along soon.

Hang in there. We're all here for you and deep down, we are all the same. :hug:

oxy-cleaned 08-05-2004 02:49 PM

Sick213-

I was addicted to oxycontins for three dark and horrible years, but I have been clean from them for 59 days today and counting. Please believe me when I say that there is hope and help available to you. I understand your feelings of pain and hopelessness. Is there anything I can do to help you?

KMB

In memory of miracle 08-05-2004 02:57 PM

welcome

I am sorry that you are hurting and my heart goes out to you . I was addicted to pain killers also . You have gotten some good suggestions and might give NA a try . You could also be detoxed in a treatment facility or a hospital . Call your Doctor and have an honest talk .Look in your phone book for detox facilities and treatment programs . You can also look here for a program . I have been clean 9 months now so there is hope for you . Keep the faith ! Prayers Trish

KelKel 08-05-2004 03:03 PM

Hi and glad you found SR.
keep posting and let us know how you are and your situation.
Alot of caring and sharing going on around here.

Chy 08-05-2004 03:20 PM

Hi and welcome!
As you've seen many here who understand. Jump over to our NA and Substance abuse forums for additional support.

Rowan 08-05-2004 05:42 PM

Just wanted to welcome you here. Besides alcohol, also had addiction to benzos and
to oxy - but I'm getting well and so can you .. please let us know how you are doing.
Keep coming back.
Love Rowan

2dayzmuse 08-05-2004 09:38 PM

Sick,

Hi Talia here, alkie. Good luck in finding recovery, I wish you the best.

mnj1024 08-05-2004 10:52 PM

Welcome sick213, my name is mike and I'm an addict from the boston area. although oxy's were not my drug of choice I still used and abused them on a regular basis. you have already gotten some great advice here, and getting into a detox to help with withdrawls would be your safest bet. you can get clean, if I can do it anyone can.

:hug: mike

peace2u 08-06-2004 06:08 AM

Hi Sic213,
I understand that you're sick and tired of them. I'm praying that you find the strength to get through each day as you reach out to others for help. Take it one minute/hour/day at a time. Find a safe place to detox. Stay in touch.

Moontime 08-06-2004 06:19 AM

Moontime Addict here! My drug of choice was More. You can stop using drugs, lose the desire to use and find a new way to live. It's living the 12-n-12 of NA. I hope you give yourself a break and hit a meeting www.na.org click on regional links, then pick your state.

angelwings 08-10-2004 06:11 PM

i will pray for you tonight - remember someone has you in their arms and is holding you

lol
angelwings

Omega 08-11-2004 12:17 AM

Sooo very glad you found us... and welcome to SoberRecovery. Please keep coming back and keep posting. Tell us about yourself and stick around. I bet you hear something you can relate to. There are many good people here that have been where you are right now... myself included.

axl 08-18-2004 03:44 PM

There alot of good people... yep! along as keep they their heads out'a of their Asses.
remember only a small percentage usally get steady recovery.

2dayzmuse 08-18-2004 04:35 PM

Thanks for the advice Axl. I'll keep try and that in mind. Percentage wise, I don't know the stats, but I will do my best to show in the upper percentile. Thanks again for the reminder of why I need to remain sober. Best of luck to you. :cool: