Notices

Went to dinner/drinks with friends......

Old 12-17-2014, 06:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Went to dinner/drinks with friends......

And my new favorite drink is a grape sprite/red bull! I highly recommend it, but warning, the red bull can make you a bit shaky!

I told my friends that I'm taking a break and it wasn't talked about anymore. I then went to the liquor store on the way home (it's a block from my place) to get Dr. Pepper. Super proud of myself.

Yay for 3 days. Tomorrow another AA meeting. I totally got this this time.

Donny
Old 12-17-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I'm glad you were able to not drink and that you feel strong, Donny.

However, I'm wondering if there isn't a convenience store or something where you could buy your Dr. Pepper instead of going into the liquor store?
Old 12-17-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good job on not drinking and continuing on! I do have one well intended comment. Did you ever see the first Star Wars movie? Han Solo says to Luke Skywalker "Don't get too cocky kid" as Luke blows an attacking fighter craft out of the sky.

I found it helpful early on to avoid all temptation even when I had absolutely no intention to drink so no bars or liquor stores. I also avoid caffeine because for me it mimics the anxiety I had when I couldn't get a drink fast enough.

Well done and keep on!
Old 12-17-2014, 06:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We walked to dinner close to my place and the closest gas station isn't within walking distance...I didn't go out of my way to go into a liquor store - I'm not that crazy.

I know things will be hard at times - it is easy to be like "I got this, I'm cured" feelings. Just enjoying my victory, more work to do tomorrow!

Donny
Old 12-17-2014, 06:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dear D.:

You sound determined and I believe you. You got this! That is all it takes, knowing that you will never drink again and that you will never change your mind. I don't really know what is going to happen tomorrow but right now I know that I'm not drinking again.

I'm with you. Just be patient and you will feel even better and stronger as you go. There will be hard times but this is when you use the resources you learn here.

See you around.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Stay Strong and Motivated

Well done for not giving in and staying strong. However, I agree with not going to the liquor store for a soda. The temptation can make you break. The Walgreens, which is a five minute walk from my place, started carrying liquor which has made it very hard. I try to avoid it at all costs but I broke five days ago. Temptations mixed with rationalization suck, especially when it's readily available.

Once again, well done for staying strong!!
Old 12-17-2014, 07:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nice job. Once the novelty of not drinking wears off I would recommend not going to the liquor store. I had to stop going to the gas station that sold my beer and frankly avoiding gas stations... I wpuld fill up my car at Safeway which didn't sell alcohol in the gas store...

I wish you continued luck on your journey.