SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   liquor store (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/353826-liquor-store.html)

tonib 12-17-2014 05:19 PM

liquor store

So i found myself in front of the liquor store an hour ago just sitting there.. but i sat there long enough that i saw myself going in to get two half pints an a pack of smokes... i got the will power to pull off an i went to the grocery store an walked around for twenty minutes... finally i called home an told my kids to put dinner on so it would be ready as soon as i walked in.. i came in an see that my nicotine gum arrived in the mail lol. I ate dinner, watched a copd video that scared the crap out me to where i didn't even need to chew the gum lol an now im laying across bed watching tv... whew thank god i made it..

439trish 12-17-2014 05:27 PM

so glad you made it!! that is BEAUTY!!

sleep well.

:biggthump

Tonymblue 12-17-2014 05:31 PM

Great job. To win the war youve got t win the battles.

Inchworm 12-17-2014 05:31 PM

Nice job, Toni. See the consequences of that craving all the way to the end.

Opivotal 12-17-2014 05:37 PM

No regrets for you tomorrow toni. :) Fantastic!

Notimetoloose 12-17-2014 05:44 PM

Great job Tonib...
The clarity and vision that I felt when turning the car around on the way to the bottle shop compared to the despair I felt when I didn't is part of my recovery.

brynn 12-17-2014 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by tonib (Post 5082290)
So i found myself in front of the liquor store an hour ago just sitting there.. but i sat there long enough that i saw myself going in to get two half pints an a pack of smokes... i got the will power to pull off an i went to the grocery store an walked around for twenty minutes... finally i called home an told my kids to put dinner on so it would be ready as soon as i walked in.. i came in an see that my nicotine gum arrived in the mail lol. I ate dinner, watched a copd video that scared the crap out me to where i didn't even need to chew the gum lol an now im laying across bed watching tv... whew thank god i made it..

Yay Toni!! :)
Gave me a little giggle, too! So glad you're home safe and sound!
Oh...and I'm really proud of you, too!

Midwest1981 12-17-2014 05:57 PM

Great job at resisting!!

Ruby2 12-17-2014 06:32 PM

Good job and thank you for telling us how you did it. Keep on! And I think it was brilliant having your kids start dinner so that it was ready. Nothing like a meal to take the edge off and you had something to look forward to.

RevivingOphelia 12-17-2014 06:45 PM

That's awesome.

I remember a similar moment where I parked across the street on a weekend night across from one of my regular pubs. I sat in the car and enviously watched the people come and go. I thought it all through for what seemed like an eternity but probably was less than five minutes. I drove away shaking with longing, anger (why can't I!?) and anxiety but made it home sober. The craving passed within a half hour, and I certainly loved my decision the next day.

Well done, you.

matilda123 12-17-2014 07:17 PM

Hooray! Way to do it!

Nowsthetime 12-17-2014 07:22 PM

Flexing those sobriety muscles!!!

Nice job!

Soberwolf 12-18-2014 12:32 AM

:hug:

Well done Toni

Buggirl 12-18-2014 12:44 AM

It's just so good not to give in! I feel really privileged by my issue with alcohol as I appreciate things more and feel sorry for those who drink who wonder round in a permanent state of psychosis and tiredness! I saw my boss yesterday and so clear to see he is shattered by all the drinking he is doing every night ! I feel switched on and ready to go every morning! Sleep is now real sleep!

JanieJ 12-18-2014 02:42 AM

As Bunnez would say "You're too sober for this s**t".

Well done, honey :grouphug: