Notices

Frustrated and angry

Old 12-17-2014, 11:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Frustrated and angry

Hi Everyone,
I am new here. My, what I believe is still a functioning AH, is not making any changes even after placing the guilt of me and the kids on him for his nightly pattern of drinking and chewing tobacco. My kids ask me why does Daddy do this? How do we answer them? I am so sad about this. My AH has a history of alcoholism in his family and he refuses to see that drinking every night a half a box to full box of wine is not normal. He promises to control it but honestly I don't think he can. He's edgy and nasty at times and never appears intoxicated. He never drives when drinking but is also very antisocial now. It has become a pattern over the years. I am crying reading some posts that seem similar. How do you leave someone you love or do you stay for the kids? I am frustrated, angry and sad. Will life be better for everyone after? He doesn't think he has a problem. He refuses to go to AA. I have offered to go with him. He says he'll quit when he's ready. Do I wait it out? He is in control of the checkbook. Any help would be appreciated. I don't know what to do and yet I am afraid to deal with leaving?
Old 12-17-2014, 11:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, iluv; I am sorry for what brings you here but you have come to a great place for support, encouragement and understanding.

There is also a Friends and Families forum where you may also wish to post.

Glad you found SR.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome to SR. I am sorry you are having a tough time now. I recommend you post you r questions in the family and friends section of the forum. You might get more responses.

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 12-17-2014, 01:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi iluv - welcome to SR

I'm sorry for your situation but I'm glad you found us - there's a lot of support here, both in this forum and the Family and Friends one mentioned.

I can't tell you what to do, but I think as a mom you're right to put the well being of your kids, and yourself, as a priority.

D