Notices

Hi. I'm new

Old 12-17-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Coco!!!

Sorry to hear about your divorce.... That sounds horribly painful. As hard as it is, you're a lot better off working through this sober than you would be if you were still drinking.

I have learned a TON from this forum, and the people on here are super supportive! I'm glad you're here!

Congrats on Day 5! And congrats also on going through rehab and making it to 85 days this summer, too. Even though you relapsed, you probably learned a lot during that time and those are skills that you can still use to help you quit for good.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome cocokramer, you made it to the right place. I'm a newbie too and thrilled to find such a supportive place. We all have things that have been messed up with alcohol and I hope that you find comfort, and hopefully some inspiration, from others.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:28 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome coco - it's great to have you with us. SR got me back on my feet after a lifetime of drinking. Not sure where I'd be without the support I've gotten here.

Congratulations on your Day 5 - you're going to do this.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cocokramer View Post
Hi Brynn,

I'm excited about joining. I didn't know that forums like this exist but I'm really glad to have found this one. I am 110% committed to my recovery with or without my husband. I'm sick about the pain that I've caused him and am trying to really get to understand how badly that I hurt him so that I can truly make ammends.
. I can relate to what you are saying. I was a mean drunk , and have said some really horrible thing to my husband . I am on day 19 of being sober and I allowing my commitment to sobriety to make me and my marriage better. I am happy you found this site, it has made a world of difference for me. I am happy with me for the first time in years. I am reinventing myself , and this is going to be one exciting ride. Happy we have each other here. Stay faithful to your self and your commitment , and I pray he will again see the woman he love.