Notices

Fell off the wagon (again) for the holidays

Old 12-18-2014, 03:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Hi Cali, welcome

Glad you posted -SR is a lifeline.

I don't think worrying about your relatives is narcissistic. It's natural for them to ask about your life, though, if they haven't seen you for years.

As Dee said, you could think about getting some replies in place so that you have a script to work from come the weekend.

One of things I have learnt so far is to always be open to any kind of help, even AA -despite my preconceptions, I find it is working for me.

There are other recovery programs- AVRT, Lifering etc, that you might want to have a look at.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:30 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Stop refusing and start accepting.

There you will find freedom.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

out of all the great replies, Free Owl, I find yours the most random and unhelpful
Old 12-19-2014, 04:00 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Do you think drinking will help? After considering the matter at some length, I realized it didn't help me. There was a lot of denial to wade through before coming to that conclusion. Drinking was the source of a lot of my anxiety and displeasure.

I picked up again recently, thought I'd give it a try after nearly seventeen months, just wanted to make sure it was still a bad idea. That lasted about a week. It's still a bad idea. Hangovers were really my big trigger (you can see why that would turn bad very quickly). I'm pretty good at dealing with life as long as I stay off the booze, it's when I drink that I feel driven to drink.

Good luck. Oh and you might talk to Ma about when she might be making dinner for the rest of the days, communication communication communication, cell phones make it easy.