Notices

Just started 4 day librium detox. Just had a drink on day 1.

Old 12-15-2014, 03:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey Bobby, welcome. I detoxed off of benzos and alcohol last summer and have remained clean and sober since.

Let me caution you about how cavalier docs might seem about prescribing benzos…it is a lot easier to find someone to write than it is to find a good doctor to guide you in getting clean after you get hooked. Trust me, you don't want to go down that road.

I am glad you are being proactive but I would caution you about getting too caught up in being a mad scientist as far as metabolizing, half-lives, units and liters. That keeps you mired in the idea that you can catch the tiger by the tail.

There are a lot of us who thought we could use this to attenuate that or this to amp that…come to find out I wasn't really so brilliant after all. I wish someone had told me that the mindset I had about getting over any sort of hump by using xy or z was still a using mentality.

Let the doctors guide you and follow their instructions. If the Librium isn't working and you think you are having issues get to the ER. There are people here, and I saw people in rehab, who went into seizures suddenly.

Withdrawal from alcohol usually takes under a week…then the real work begins. I was so used to opening the medicine cabinet or a bottle every time I was anxious or bored, it was a whole new world to me to have to deal without substances.

I had what I guess you would call a "high bottom", but only because I knew from growing up with an alcoholic that once you have crossed a line there is no going back. All of us present with different issues when it comes to detox, in a litigious society that we have here in the States most docs are going to be very careful to guide you safely.

I hope you stick around, and good luck in the next few days.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks for noticing and replying to that specific question.

Wish you woulda come out lower though. 9.5 outta ten!

Then I had 300 ml of 86 proof Whiskey.

I'm only mildly intoxicated and I still have my 3rd 25mg librium to get me through the night.

Yeah, I realize 9.5 is kinda high, and maybe I should have left some upside for further dumb behavior.

But then you drank 300 ml of whiskey.

Mixing pills and booze is bad news, people die that way. I wanted to get your attention.

An inpatient detox would have a medical staff trained in detox administrating the meds, not you.