SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   whooaaa (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/353480-whooaaa.html)

JimdiGriz 12-14-2014 12:38 AM

whooaaa

Got through a trigger happy day
Mum in care home attacking me about a list of things I haven't done "all you do is a bit of shopping" (ahem, a bit more than that really). Didn't drink.

Then water damaged shed has destroyed a ton of sentimental papers and objects, and I've filled a skip with sooo many things my wife and I stored (hoarded) as useful for the future. Didn't drink

Then an evening wedding reception (free bar). All my anxieties racing.

Ive been diagnosed before with body dismophic disorder: typical male , obsessive exercise coupled with bulimia. Ive fought that since i was a fat child , obviously alcohol was a another bandage over the top when you get older with less energy and children there isn't the freedom to exhaust all the anxieties at the gym or on a long run...

So tight wedding trousers, hot jacket...

But I drove so no drinking. Felt horrifically awkward. Good spirit in the room and danced like a loon eventually.

Didn't drink

I feel like I have to unravel 25 years of drinking , strip things back, to understand who I am (or was?)

And then rebuild rebuild rebuild

Anyway, that's me . thank you for listening

mecanix 12-14-2014 12:53 AM

Sounds like you got a lot going on there jim,

We can only do in one day what we can do , it's sunday morning and a new day today .
it looks nice if a little cold out there ,

bestwishes, m

sprout50 12-14-2014 01:14 AM

And with all that going on, you didn't drink. Well done!!!

Nuudawn 12-14-2014 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by JimdiGriz (Post 5075209)
I feel like I have to unravel 25 years of drinking , strip things back, to understand who I am (or was?)

I'm not only listening...I'm picking up what you're throwing down Jimdi. Boozin', bulimia, anxiety..oh yeah.

Nice work today I'd say. Really nice work.

Soberwolf 12-14-2014 02:03 AM

Well done

Thepatman 12-14-2014 02:28 AM

Amazingly brilliant!

melki 12-14-2014 05:50 AM

Well done! Rebuild rebuild rebuild, but one day at a time, no pressure. You're on the right path, and that's all that matters now.

SoberLeigh 12-14-2014 05:52 AM

Very well done, Jimi. You are doing this!!!!

Tonks 12-14-2014 06:20 AM

That's pretty awesome Jim, well done!

Anna 12-14-2014 06:40 AM

And then rebuild rebuild rebuild.

Yes, I think that's ultimately what you do have to do. It's what I had to do. I drank for about 3 years, but prior to that happening, I lived my life in fear and stifled my emotions. It's a daunting task, but it doesn't happen in a day or a week. You will be able to manage getting through the unraveling and rebuilding as long as you stay sober. :)

HeartsAfire 12-14-2014 07:07 AM

Anyway, that's me . thank you for listening

Brilliant realization. Thank you so much for sharing this.

P. S. Your avatar is the greatest!!