Old 12-14-2014, 02:29 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Bravo Serenidad ...

The fog will burn off as your clarity and strength begin
to build momentum.... You are doing this
We are doing this ... Thankfully together
Old 12-14-2014, 04:46 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Well done, a week!! That's great Serenidad!

I had a lot if what you're describing for several months. Then that finally gave way to a bit more mental clarity while in came emotional turbulence like sadness and depression and anxiety. There was stress and fear and sexual issues. There were highs and lows and everything in between.

I used exercise, nutrition, supplements, changes in caffeine, I tried it all.

In the end I have found that I just need to ride it out; it's all temporary. I have mostly stopped 'trying to figure it out' and just accepted that recovery includes a LOT of weird changes in my body, mind and soul. I focus on the positives and the gratitude and the work I need to grow.

It's working. I don't have cravings, I feel healthy and stronger and better. Even on bad days, I see how much better life is than when I was drinking.

Hang in there and relax into it. Accept the fog as a sign you are healing. Accept the strange feelings and let them simply be. Don't resist, simply open yourself and ask 'whAt can I learn in this today? What is there to be grateful for'. Do the WORK of recovery and before you know it you'll be amazed by how far you've come.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:39 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Peter_819 View Post
I'm just finishing up two weeks and earlier today I found myself waiting for a few minutes for the light to change before pulling out of the grocery store parking lot. Only to realise there was no light there... Definitely a little spacey...
Haha Peter! I'm on day 8 today and that is sooo me! Lol
Old 12-15-2014, 10:46 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by strategery View Post
Have you had enough to eat? I only get that way if I haven't eaten enough. Fruit smoothies work wonders for me when I feel this way.
x2... a protein smoothie with fruit and almond milk is good for me... its a pretty easy 300-400 calories (if you put peanutbutter in it) that can really hold you over and get you right...

You know you can add a handful of spinach to that fruit smoothie and you cant even taste it... And I know that spinach is good for a sobriety diet.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Originally Posted by Serenidad View Post
Thank you but I think I already realized that I was turning my brain to MUSH! Haha. Not really funny but better to laugh than cry sometimes. I'm glad it gets better. This is weird!!!

Yeah I'm experiencing really strange brain things, two months in: no memory, sudden paranoia, sudden depression, strange dreams, panicking because I think I've forgotten to do something, extreme laziness, euphoria, spurts of energy, forgetting everyday words, emotional roller coaster..

It IS weird. But you are SOBER !!!!
Old 12-15-2014, 11:45 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OklaBH View Post
I was like that for about a month. Vitamin drinks help because they are quickly absorbed. Ensure, Boost..one of those. The chocolate is good
Coo!! Thx. I started taking a multivitamin, B-complex and Omega 3 daily yesterday.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JanieJ View Post
Yeah I'm experiencing really strange brain things, two months in: no memory, sudden paranoia, sudden depression, strange dreams, panicking because I think I've forgotten to do something, extreme laziness, euphoria, spurts of energy, forgetting everyday words, emotional roller coaster.. It IS weird. But you are SOBER !!!!
OMG! I'm having strange dreams too! Last night I dreamt that I bought a dozen eggs and when I opened them it was 12 kittens! And they were all MEAN kittens! I had to figure out what to do to them. Lol
Old 12-15-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Lol! Kittens!!!?

I can't poke fun. Zombies were chasing me and I was fighting them with a baseball bat. There was a lot of blood and guts. The last 2 nights have been crazy dreams.

Jennifer
Old 12-15-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

This is why we need to stop drinking and stick to it. I don't want to go through all that again. Hang in there, I promise it gets better.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Serenidad View Post
Tomorrow will be 1 week since I had a drink & I feel REALLY weird. My head is so spacey (I feel like it's floating in the clouds), can't think straight, it takes me like 5 extra seconds to process things, noises are louder....what the heck!?!

If I didn't know better I would think I was stoned! But I'm not. I tried marijuana once in college & didn't like it. Anyway...I do NOT remember it being like this in 2008. NOT looking for medical advice...just wanted to know if any of you felt like this early on in sobriety? Brain feels like only 10% is working. :-/

Thx!
As much as I would like to clam your worries, I never felt this way after quitting. For me Day 1 I was hungover. Day 2 was better. Day 3 is when the withdrawals peaked. And then it was better each day. Day 7 I felt amazing and Day 14 was even better, but only slightly, but still better. Then I drank again, but I never felt bad on day 7, check with the Dr. might be some underlying issue.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:35 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by countrygirl2014 View Post
Lol! Kittens!!!? I can't poke fun. Zombies were chasing me and I was fighting them with a baseball bat. There was a lot of blood and guts. The last 2 nights have been crazy dreams. Jennifer
Lol Jennifer! Have you been watching Walking Dead on Netflix??? Haha
Old 12-15-2014, 07:37 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happyandfree View Post
This is why we need to stop drinking and stick to it. I don't want to go through all that again. Hang in there, I promise it gets better.
But our dreams are so unique! Why wouldn't you want to go through all this miserable post acute withdrawal, mental fog and crazy dreams again? It's SO fun! Haha. NOT! :-/
Old 12-15-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Serper2014 View Post
As much as I would like to clam your worries, I never felt this way after quitting. For me Day 1 I was hungover. Day 2 was better. Day 3 is when the withdrawals peaked. And then it was better each day. Day 7 I felt amazing and Day 14 was even better, but only slightly, but still better. Then I drank again, but I never felt bad on day 7, check with the Dr. might be some underlying issue.
Thx Serper. I did check and it's all normal. :-) I guess you are lucky. :-)