Notices

Hello from new member

Old 12-14-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome. I'm so glad you found us.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I have been a bonafide fool for too long.

I have been a real slacker all of my life. The words I spoke were always subject to who was around me at the time. I have always eaten whatever I wanted to eat and drank whatever I wanted to drink. I want this to change, but this will not be easy. So I start with the drinking -- I don't want to drink, I want to quit. That's all I know this morning -- I want to quit. Reading from what others (including Jesus) have said about how to live, I have put these thoughts together:

People with wisdom and self-discipline:
1. Master their moods
2. Watch their words
3. Restrain their reactions
4. Stick to their daily plans and schedules
5. Manage their money
6. Maintain their health.

I want to be a person with wisdom and self-discipline. I guess it's a start to realize that until now -- I have been a fool. I pray that God will fulfill his promise to those to seek Him, and give me the strength to start this way of living.

Living as I have has not made be happy or at peace. I pray all of you have the wisdom and self-discipline that I seek -- hope you don't mind the addition of a fool to this thread -- I need this support.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome Cello and I also am giving up my wine habit (oh and a bit of vodka habit as well) Welcome
Old 01-19-2015, 07:15 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

After I read all the articles on how healthy red wine was, I started drinking multiple large glasses at night. I even joined a wine club so it could be delivered to my door (cheap one). Darn I hate those articles messed with my mind! Welcome to the sober realm.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

The difference just one day sober makes!

Yesterday, I woke up depressed and concerned about my drinking. Having nothing to drink yesterday, I woke up today feeling good and optimistic about this new life journey I have chosen -- to stay sober! What a difference it makes when I leave the wine alone! Day 2: Here I come! I wish everyone a good, sober day!
Old 01-20-2015, 02:34 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you back too Hamartia

D