Notices

Had enough

Old 12-10-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Okay, so worry is living in the future.

Today. Focus on today. Right this minute. Surely there is something that needs to be done in your house/yard/car? Clean out a drawer. Wash the car and detail it. Buy gifts for some kids that aren't going to get gifts. Get out of your head. You are obsessing over the "poor me" stuff. Get out there and do something nice for someone else.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Stewy, I am sorry to hear you're feeling so tired. *hugs*
I hope you can see your doctor soon.
Drinking alcohol may provide some temporary relief, but why give up all the hard work you've put in? Over 2 months is great! Every time I've given into alcohol and drank, the cravings amplify immensely to where I am that much closer to picking up again...and again...and again. I don't want to to that anymore and am tired of that cycle. I hope you don't have to learn the lesson I did the hard way. Think of all the positive changes you have had in the past 2 months. Think about all the reasons you quit alcohol. Hang in there Stewy!
Old 12-10-2014, 02:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Even if it's not paws, there are some good suggestions on this link I think it could be good for you to take.
PAWS | Digital Dharma

you kinda remind me of a pressure cooker right now..go for a walk, do something nice for someone else, enjoy a funny movie...just chill.

if you absolutely can't bear it another minute, find another Dr man.

D
Old 12-10-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Speaking of cookers I left the gas on and went to band practice, my girlfriend reminded me of this via text in a not so polite way.

Thanks for the link D

I have to persevere with this and yes, living out if my head is something I need to do more of.

I'm going to try and get up and exercise in the morning as I've gained a few pounds recently, can't shake the feeling it may be thyroid related but the reality is I'm not going to know until Monday at the very earliest and life isn't going to go on hold until then. I'm back at work Monday which I'm dreading.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stewy84 View Post
I'm still in bed and it's 1pm in the afternoon, this is not right at all
It's 5 pm and I'm still in bed :/
Didn't go into my night job, just confused and tired too. Tomorrow is another day.
Hang in there and I hope you get it sorted.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:05 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Too much sleep can cause these symptoms as well.

Do you sleep to escape the reality of your life? Are you sleeping your life away because you dont want to deal with it ?

If so...you are depressed my friend. Depression can be overcome with medication but it takes awhile.

Depression can be over come or at least minimalized with rigorous Physical excersise and the benefits of such are immediate ! Go...walk...run...til you are huffin and puffin a little and keep it up for 30 mins to an hour.

You will be amazed ! Trust me!...I know depression when I see it !

Hope this helps...but YOU must act !

Dave
Old 12-11-2014, 03:43 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Right well I've huffed and puffed for around 45 minutes this morning.

Hopefully will start to feel better if I incorporate that daily
Old 12-11-2014, 05:23 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Paws?

Originally Posted by Stewy84 View Post
Sick of feeling so down I don't want to get up, lethargic, shattered, no go in me whatsoever to do anything at all.

Struggling to see when things will improve here as they have become progressively worse over the last 10 days or so.

I feel so tired all of the time, but can't sleep properly, when I wake up I'm bad tempered and hate the fact I have to get up.

What the hell is going on?? 62 days
Could be PAWS?
Google PAWS for alcohol recovery. Lots of articles about this.
I have read that PAWS can take up to 2 years to go away....