Notices

Enough is enough.

Old 12-07-2014, 08:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Mike and welcome! I'm a recovering binge drinker myself. I totally can relate. I don't do well in social situations myself and always used alcohol as a crutch.

I was always a drinker, and I'm not even sure when I crossed the line to alcoholism, but I know I did at some point. Admitting it is the first step. Just because you don't drink every day doesn't mean you don't have a problem with alcohol.

Social situations are a huge trigger for me as well. Before I got sober a few weeks ago I doubt I was ever in a room with more than a few people without a drink in my hand. Alcohol doesn't give you any special powers. If you can do something drunk, you can do it sober (and do it better!).
Old 12-07-2014, 09:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

A warm welcome to you Mike, glad you found us
Old 12-07-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Feeling positive again today, although had some weird pains coming from my stomach or liver.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey Kero, yeah the social situation thing is certainly the thing I'm must worried about, that people will think I'm boring now. The lifestyle I've grown up in seems to revolve around drinking. Sad really. But I suppose true friends will always be there. Yeah I used to think alcoholism was just people who drink in a morning and everyday. It seems that is not the case.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey Kero, yeah the social situation thing is certainly the thing I'm must worried about, that people will think I'm boring now. The lifestyle I've grown up in seems to revolve around drinking. Sad really. But I suppose true friends will always be there. Yeah I used to think alcoholism was just people who drink in a morning and everyday. It seems that is not the case.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I think all of us are probably much better company when we're sober!!! At least I am....
I did the same thing, I backpacked across Asia alone for a couple years, and while it was the experience of a lifetime, I have much regret over how much I drank, I wasted a lot of the time being drunk, and my alcoholism was bad over there.
I'm going to Cuba at the end if this month and planning on backpacking central America in the spring, looking forward to being sober
I've already screwed things up with my boyfriend because of my drinking. I've had to decide what kind of life I want and what kind of person I want to be, that's helped me, despite a couple slips last week, I'm more motivated than ever.
Best wishes xoxo
Old 12-20-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Mike, haven't seen any posts from you, are you still hanging in there?